Taxi fare from airport should be ???

arlo

Don't get a taxi back to airport that wait to the right of Nana Hotel,they are a pack of robbing bastards,hail one down that has just turned into soi 4 from Sukumvidt.

The two tolls from Airport to Nana are a total of 70 bht,i go about 6 times a year and always,same same,,lol

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Upper and lower racks for luggage? Are you sure? There is a central dump for all the bags.

Why would you have to get off the bus quickly?

Just let the girl who collects the tickets know where you would like to disembark. They are usually, most helpful.

arlo said:

Thanks for the replies. I think I will probably take the bus. A bit more inconvenient, but I hate dealing with taxi drivers and their endless attempts to rip off. Is there room for a couple of heavy bags on the bus?

Around 95% of Bangkok taxi drivers are not ripping you off.

Just watch out they do switch on the meter. Most do not expect a tip neither. If it was a nice trip and friendly driver I tip a little bit or round-up the amount on the meter.

Only once did I have a driver who fucked-up his meter, showed 300 baht when it should have read 150...

And never take a taxi waiting in front of a hotel, always flag them down on the street.

Take the BTS or subway whenever you can, surface traffic is mostly verryyyy slow

Geez, Bangkok taxi drivers are fine and I have had one bad experience in 10+ years. I use them daily. Hey, if you do not want to go where he suggests, do as Nancy Reagan said and "just say no!" If you are worried about it, just make sure you watch him turn the meter on and it says B35.

Re: Airport bus. Dunno guys, but it is worth more than B200 to be dropped off at a hotel, not blocks away dragging a suitcase or two after an overseas flight! The only way I would go for the airport bus is if I only had a backpack! If you are worried about B200, maybe you shoud stay home? YMMV.

Cheers,

SD

Hmm maybe if you cant walk a block or two you should stay home. LOL

Also why in the hell would you have a suitcase or two. Hell this is LOS and you can buy anything you need for fractions of the cost back home. On my first trip I was behind a guy who was checking in. He had what amounted to a large shaving kit. When asked if that was all he had for lugage he said yes. Well finaly on my last trip I was able to take all I needed in a carry on, including my laptop. I still had to much crap. I buy what I need and jetison as I go. Not having to lug around dirty laundry and crap I honestly dont need, has been a real advatage. And no I am not worried about 200 baht, but I certainly prefer to spend it in ways that are more enjoyable.

The last time that I arrived at the airport, it took 15 minutes in line waiting for a taxi. In 8 trips to Bangkok, I've only taken the bus twice. Once when staying at the Narai Hotel on Silom (I had to cross the street) and when staing at Tai-Pan hotel (I had to walk three blocks). I'll take a taxi on arrival in September because I've never been to the hotel before (Royal Parkview Hotel) but plan on using the bus to go to the airport and return from my 3 day trip to Chiang Mai. I'll use a taxi to catch my return flight on 2 October but am not looking forward to having the hotel insist that I use the limo for 600 B (which after I refuse 2-3 times, they will get the hint). The last time I lstayed at the Menam Hotel on the river and after I refused the limo and had my bags in the taxi, the taxi driver refused to turn on his meter, saying he would have to charge 550 B because of the heavy rain. Not wanting to unload my suitcases in the rain, I gave up and paid it. On my first two visits to bangkok, I stayed at the Amari Boulevard Hotel and had to face taxi drivers wanting to take me on a tour, to a tailor or a massage place every time that I left the hotel. That shaped my view of taxi drivers in Bangkok and I rarely take one, even if I have to walk 15-20 minutes from the sky train to my destination. I'll never get in another tut tut in Bangkok again. However, in Chaing Mai, I take tut tuts and taxis everywhere. I'll make a point on this coming trip to take more taxis in Bangkok. I'll just hail them rather than take one from my hotel.

gunneruk said:

If you take taxi from the taxi rank at arrivals its 150bht,plus 50 bht for the taxi booth which issues the ticket,plus two tolls if you want the quick way,one is 30bht,the second is 40 bht,so total 200bht plus tip,or toll road 270 plus tip,thats to Nana hotel.

50 baht for the taxi booth? Last time I didn't pay the taxi booth anything. Are you suppose to give the girl 50 baht or is it taken out of the taxi fare? I don't remember the booth asking for any money.

Archived