Nomenclature

Encore

now I have to say first that the subject of this post doesn't really matter to me much at all, I'm just commenting on anomalies.

The 'title' attached to each member, which I assumed to be a factor of his/her (didn't forget you Jasmine) of the poster's frequency/history, and which was recently revised, seems to be rather all over the place right now. I've seen posters with 250 posts being 'enthusisasts' but the same for those with 600+ posts. Meanwhile, last time I looked, with about 400 posts, I was an 'addict'.

I have no gripe, yes, I am an addict, I confess, in withdrawals from my addiction to all of my favourite yummy TBGs, I seek solace on this board, read alot, and post a bit.

But why this discrepancy? Are now all my previous postings (under a different handle, before that got compromised) and from the previous sanuk Board (yet another previous handle) being counted also?

if so, Why am I not a VETERAN yet??

KS, Don't worry, don't need to reply if you're busy, I was just curious. Besides, ADDIcT is quite a good description for me. Just a pity, I couldn't transport my previous Jai DEE title with me from my old persona.

khunsanuk said:

Hi,

Basically the update did not work as it should have. The titles were updated for the members at that point, but the new list was not saved (there seems to be a permission problem). This means that any member who changes over gets reset to the old titles.

Sanuk!

Ahhh, you just shut down my dream of appending one more "t" to my handle. :(

I am an ADDICT but only having 160 posts to my name I am classed a MEMBER.

I visit Nanaplaza almost daily to check whats going on where by who with whom.

Only visiting LOS a couple of times a year, albeit for the last 15 years, I tend to limit my posts to around the time of my visits. Hopefully this should mean that my comments are probably up to date and accurate - so I dont get involved in the arguments as to whether 'showing' is or isn't happening at a particular time.

If you were to really think about changes to 'titles' then perhaps you would have to consider the frequency and durations of visits rather than the number of posts in isolation. ::

Hi,

"If you were to really think about changes to 'titles' then perhaps you would have to consider the frequency and durations of visits rather than the number of posts in isolation."

Not sure if that is technically possible. The board software certainly does not keep track of that.

Sanuk!

KS, Don't worry, don't need to reply if you're busy, I was just curious. Besides, ADDIcT is quite a good description for me. Just a pity, I couldn't transport my previous Jai DEE title with me from my old persona.

ikkrang,

Re-reading this post today.

As far as the "jai dee" title is concerned, just ask KS to re-instate your title.

Simple.

BB

Archived