Can you really afford a Thai girl??????

I would consider $500.00 for clothes to use to go to the US to be excessive. Like how many outfits can you fit in a suitcase? Sweaters - Some have nice ones as cheap as 150 baht.

Nice shoes - maybe 500 to 1000 baht.

Coat - depends on how much you want to spend.

For those that were married, did you spend much for your wife's clothes?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the cheapest pair of shoes i ever bought in a normal country were just over 100 bucks, yeah the shops had cheaper but, well they aint for me, but hell that was 15 years ago, im quite happy in me flip flops and sandals :)

Zorro said:

Guys on average incomes in the west have no chance of being able to afford a Thai women.

Heck in most relationships these days both parties are working and still struggling to survive.

Unless you are well off i wouldn't remotely consider bringing a thai girl to the west.

It is not just money either you will also have to deal with all the emotional problems of your tirak as you will be her only support.

I think the chances of success are really remote.

I think the better option is to make the money first and then come and live in Thailand and find your tirak.

Let's face it there are plenty of available attractive women in the west .There is no need to put yourself in such a difficult position by dragging one from half way across the world

and being responsible for all her financial and emotional needs.

I said it before in this thread, don't you expect your TG to work? Most Thais here in Norway have a job and pull their weight. If both work, it makes the picture another one than you describe, and for other than high earners you are better off living in a western country.

I simply don't get it in this thread. Do you all carry trophy wifes or expect that every TG's will be one?:neener:

Cheers!

I was very clear about my income not being enough to live comfortable on for two people, and so far we have done ok on my salary alone. She is happy, even though she as well as my self wants more.

Now she has gotten a couple of cleaning jobs (homes), which she says is easy work, where she gets about 600 bath an hour. She also goes to school five days a week, and she is gunning for a ?non paid practice place? at a kindergarten in order to both learn the language better and to get into a better line of work.

All according to what we talked about before she came here.

All in all I would say that the combined 'inncome' would be much larger if I married a homegrown woman, but that the expences have been lower with a Thai woman.

I would be better of financially with the first option for sure, but it's not all about money is it?

"Let's face it there are plenty of available attractive women in the west ."

OMG, you have got to be kidding? I won't address the issue that most western women are horrible cows beucase that would divert the thread. But, if you don't think your western women will be expensive when you get a divorce, you are incredibly naive.

thalenoi said:

I gave up accounting for the cost, who cares anyway?

What ever you come up with, will be wrong anyway.

Legal advice, for what?

A divorce is more costly than a marriage. Don't get married in the first place.

Once you are happy to live with a gf, cost does n't matter really :dunno:

Well said. :up: Spoken by someone with experience.

CBK said

I said it before in this thread, don't you expect your TG to work? Most Thais here in Norway have a job and pull their weight. If both work, it makes the picture another one than you describe, and for other than high earners you are better off living in a western country.

I simply don't get it in this thread. Do you all carry trophy wifes or expect that every TG's will be one?

Cheers!

The problem is that if you bring a gal over from Thailand she will probably not have the language skills or the work skills to get a job.

The other big problem that i see is that if you are bringing a Thail girl to your country she will have to make all the cultural adjustments and you will have to bear all the responsibility for her emotional support.

This could be a very heavy burden.

jxxxl

OMG, you have got to be kidding? I won't address the issue that most western women are horrible cows beucase that would divert the thread. But, if you don't think your western women will be expensive when you get a divorce, you are incredibly naive.

If you bring your Thai gal to the west she will cost just as much to divorce as your western woman and on top of that she more than likely will cost you more to maintain and she is unlikely to have any inheritance to collect when she gets older unlike most western women.

You are way worse off financially with a Thai bird.

In fact if you did the sums you would probably still be better off being married to a western women and having a Thai P4P on the side!

I know it is not all about money but you are taking an enormous financial and emotional risk by bringing your tirak to the west.

Why don't you start a thread and ask the board how many of their wives/gfs couldn't last in Farang land beucase they were emotionally distressed?

In Los Angeles, there are over 80,000 Thais living and working. Most of the Thais I've met in America love it there. I think you overestimate the frailty of Thai women when it comes to relocating. And, you shouldn't expect that every Thai women is a poor rice farmer that cant adjust to the modern world.

Archived