Can you really afford a Thai girl??????

If your legal help is for an attorney doing the paperwork to get your wife/fiance the visa, either K-1 or K-3 , you can eliminate that completely. Do the work yourself. It is not rocket science. Jeeze, if you can read and write, and are willing to do a little research, it can be easily done without the help of an attorney.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RugDoctor36 said:

Date lady =at least 500 USD?

Sinsot + gold 3000 USD

Date for 20k bt? Way too low. My goodness man that is about 4-10 average nights out in BKK on a farang budget.

Sinsot? How about Sin-NOT! You better get every damn penny back! Sinsot for show is okay or to cover wedding expenses but for keeps is bullshit. Especially if you make an arrangement where the wife is sending money back to the family on a regular basis. Heck use the money to buy gifts but that is it.

I buy into alot of the thai cultural stuff but not the sinsot for keeps. If the little lady and family cannot agree then screw them all because there is another chick in the rice paddy if your up in Issan or another chick in the mall if you are in BKK. Sinsot is a deal breaker in my book and if the family and chick are unreasonable about it then I don't want them as family.

Think about it this way. Your immediately going to elevate the girls lifestyle by marrying her. The price of the green card alone is priceless. I know for a fact that a Chinese chick will pay US$40k for marriage to an American and a chick from South America roughly US$30k. Granted it is a business deal and we are not talking a loving relationship, but to put it in perspective there is no way I am going to let a bunch of 3rd world yokels tell me that I have to give them a certain amount of cash in order to marry their daughter, when there are women the world over that want to pay large amounts of cash to get a green card, to improve their lives.

Old Hippie said:

Look at the cost of even a small wedding in the USA...$10K easy, and rings and what not...

Weddings in the USA are traditionally picked up or at least most of the cost is assumed by the girls parents. These days however the man and the woman will split the costs of a wedding.

Also you can have a decent no frills wedding in LasVegas for starting at US$500. The bonus is that your guests have a cheap and accessible place to travel too and have a great party city to have your reception and honeymoon.

RugDoctor36 said:

Flight to LOS = 700 USD

Date lady =at least 500 USD?

Family party 750 USD

Sinsot + gold 3000 USD

Thai wedding party 750 USD

Legal help = 2000 USD

Flight for girl to USA 700

Clothes and stuff for girl 500 USD

Start education for lady junior college 600

So that is about $10,000 USD.

Lets see...

Flight to Hawaii = Free? She & I live here (woooohoooo!!!!) :neener:

Date lady = $70000.00 (over 14 year time frame)

Engagement ring = $6000.00

Sinsot = N/A (yes!!!)

Family party = $500.00 (dinner)

Wedding = $15000.00 (not picked up by the parents):censored:

Honeymoon = $2000.00 (part one, the big one is on the way)

Flight for girl to visit the country of her ethnicity = ??? (that?s the big one)

Clothes and stuff for girl (aka. Home) = $500,000.00

Education = already complete? At least I?ve got that going for me. ::

Legal help = N/A for now

Total cost = $593,500.00 ::

LoS is still a lot cheaper.

All goofing aside, the cost really shouldn?t matter. If both care for each other the cost simply fades into the background. Granted I could?ve had my Z06 Vette by now if I hadn?t dated her for 14 years but women are priceless so one really can?t compare.

Nakbin :beer:

Sinsot is a deal breaker in my book and if the family and chick are unreasonable about it then I don't want them as family.

---------------------------

Agree with you here. I said and will say again, sin sod of forfeited ridiculous amounts are a good example of old customs re-introduced appropriately towards lovelorn tourists, all biting into that supposedly "cultural" must. Perfect example of P4Love (love tax? :( ), which i insist, I certainly do not condone or promote.

Hope i am not starting another sin sod discussion, but hey, it's been a while anyway it has not cropped up, and we have had new membership addition since then..... ::

Hey thanks everyone for the feedback. Yes, I do know that a good woman is priceless! Last thing I want to do is offend people. I was just wondering if other people have also put some thought into the actual time, energy, and resources it would take. I believe this thread kind of blends in with many other threads (ex. taking a girl out of the bar, etc.).

You guys have a lot of good info. Thanks =)

Rug

I gave up accounting for the cost, who cares anyway?

What ever you come up with, will be wrong anyway.

Legal advice, for what?

A divorce is more costly than a marriage. Don't get married in the first place.

Once you are happy to live with a gf, cost does n't matter really :dunno:

Archived