Huge Bomb Rocks Australian Embassy In Jakarta

Torneyboy

Time all this nonsense ended!

Hallelujah, Phil - but we can say that as educated white males with a full belly. Poverty / ignorance / religion / politics - one almighty combination, and the fundamentalists know that only too well. They can only win if we allow them to harden our hearts toward the rest of the world.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just shits me that wee used to be considered good guys, now, starting with others, and topping it off with little johnny howard, we're in with the "Bad Guys" and arre targets, I for one don't like to be a target, I work here, do business here,

Wish I was a New Zealander (almost) at least no one hates them.

DOG - likes to be patted

Wish I was a New Zealander (almost) at least no one hates them.

Will we become the 'Americans of the South Pacific' ? i.e. When someone asks, tell them you are Canadian ........

Sooner or later, Oz had to come into the firing line, and I dont believe the whole 'good guys/bad guys' thing anymore : its all shades of grey. We sent troops to East Timor to 'liberate' them, then promptly laid claim to a large chunk of the revenue being generated in Timorese waters. I believe that a more equitable agreement has since been reached, but only after considerable protest from the East Timorese.

Sunrise project, Timor Sea

Guest lazyphil

<<Hallelujah, Phil - but we can say that as educated white males with a full belly. Poverty / ignorance / religion / politics - one almighty combination, and the fundamentalists know that only too well. They can only win if we allow them to harden our hearts toward the rest of the world>>

Bin Ladin is very much wealthier than you or I and many of his henchmen.

Bin Ladin is very much wealthier than you or I and many of his henchmen.

He is also considerably better educated than many of his foot soldiers, but my point wasnt about the people at the top of the extremist triangle, it was the soldiers. Just as in a conventional war, the elite rarely send their own children off to die in someone else's war, but they are happy to consign the children of others to an early death.

If I had my way, I'd put every politican/fanatic/spin doctor on earth in a room with a single knife in the middle of it - the guy who crawled out after an hour would be deemed the 'winner' and we'd accept his doctrine etc. Until they are prepared to put their arses on the line ,they are all lowlife windbags.

"Ok, like Russia, soon to do, it might be the appropriate time to explain to these cave-dwellers that our bombs are much bigger and far more powerfull, by demonstrating such... "

Hope U guys will do less damage on your own people with those bombs :(

Scary Putin.

Few people remember that around the time the Iranians took over the American Embassy in Tehran that they also took a group of Soviets hostage.

The Soviet Union responded with their Spetsnaz (special forces on the level of US SEALs). They very quickly went into the village from which the terrorists came and wiped out all but a few of the terrorist's family members who they then captured. The hostages were released when pieces of said family members started arriving in the post.

Needless to say the Soviets were left alone for several years after that.

If it is the goal of these pieces of human garbage to meet Allah, I think they should be assisted in getting to that meeting ASAP. :onfire:

Archived