Buddhism humiliated by dimwitted film writer

MaiLuk

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jasmine,

On Bin Laden, saw a kid wearing a t-shirt with such picture, asked him, he said "I don't care who he is, this is the ONLY decent t-shirt I have to wear!!".

So, not only there is ignorant, but there is also a need here!

So should we, the Thais foret about the Hollywood guy because he needs some publicity? IMO, it is not the same

needs as the kid who had the only decent t-shirt to wear.

IMO you're giving a ridiculous example to justify kids with such t-shirts. There are a million t-shirts out there for the same price and same colors. Bin laden had been on tv nearly everyday for at least a month. Most parents would know the face of that terrorist but apparently allow their kids to choose any shirt at will. Very ignorant and disrespectful.

I saw a young woman wearing a t-shirt with "Fishing and Fucking" with the "Fs" exactly on each nipple, and I asked, she said "Oh it was a gift and I just like the color, didn't know that the writing was bad!

----------------------------

Good thread.

Many points. First, the svastika from India is indeed related to the nazi one, vice versa rather, which does not mean of course that an asian wearing it, does the same (relating to) with nazi ideology.

But in the early years of the formation of nazi ideology, way before they took power, Hitler and kindred friends studied the writings of illuminated people like I. Blavatsky, who traced the beginning of aryan people to Gods who would inspire a certain race to enlighten the world. In a nutshell

Subsequently, the race of "fair-skin" invaders who slowly invaded dravidian India from the North (home of fair skins ::) were called aryans. That's a few 1000 years ago. I am not reading from a book, but i think the S. is the sign of these aryan invaders. just see what hitler and Co could draw from such prehistoric lore, to fund their ideology of the premiere race, linked not to ideology actually, but backed by ancient times proofs of a special race. Crap all the same, but if you have the people's ear, you can say and prove anything you want, dating that far back.

I also want to thank Flashermac for bringing back the topic to how thai society is organised, and kids raised. So many of our rants, even justified, will always benefit to take a step back and think society, culture, in order to understand, or merely associate in our mind, why thais are like this and not like that. Or even some thais.

Finally, Jazz, Buddha indeed is not Bin Laden, but The people who die from terrorism are all Buddha-nature. they are the ones we ask respect for, same as the thais ask respect for a guy who died some 2500 years ago. Their image are as close to us as the image of the B. is to thais. Easy to understand.

To finish with humour, this year, i got a scolding from the GF, for not bringing back the "fuck you" finger T-shirt she wore last year. Maybe some kind of silent conscience objection to wear it on her part :D.

She indeed entered public places with it, and when i objected, she said, it' not me, it's not my finger, it's just a T-shirt. Hum...I indeed chose, a la Flashermac :), to think in terms of thai thinking, hers at least, rather than ranting righteously from my sense of farang propriety.

And left the T-shirt at home this year ::. heyhey, farang:1 thai:0 :)

Guest lazyphil

Thais do know who OBL is, he gets as much coverage as David Beckham and they sure know who he is even in some back water in LOS, so wearing a OBL Tshirt is offensive to me as some guy sitting on Buddhas head is to a Thai. OBL is causing major problems in the world stability and has caused the death of many innocent people. The Nazi symbol, in this instance I'm not interested in its Indian origin, the guys wearing it in LOS know its about Hitler and not about India, in fact I doubt they know its Indian roots. Its very disrespectful and yes Thais might be tolerant of other faiths on the whole but thats because Buddhism is the big majority faith in LOS and there is little threat to this ranking, in the UK we are much more tolerant, we have Muslim clerics supporting terrorism living on social security, can you imagine this in LOS??...he would have be cut up to ribbons by now in LOS, the west doesn't need lectures by upstarts in high places in LOS who have got there knickers in a twist about Buddha, lets remember Buddha was from India (?) and Thais dont much like Indians do they?...

Khun_Kong said:

[color:"red"]Argument is that Thais don't have respect/awareness/care for the sensitivities of the farang view regarding this, but expect farang to have respect/awareness/care for the sensitivities of the Thai view.

[/color]

Jasmine said:

It is unfair, however, some Thai views are also hard to understand by the so-called-farangs, even with the ones who are making a living in Thailand.<snip>

Jasmine

Thanks for illustrating my point.

Guest lazyphil

<<Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pattaya127 said:

lets remember Buddha was from India. Thais dont much like Indians do they?...

------------------------------------

:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Polite cough)....er, Nepal actually. >>

Having an extra spazo day are we Joseph??....you quoted me, duuuur brain grrrrrgggghhhh

Archived