Buddhism humiliated by dimwitted film writer

MaiLuk

Guest lazyphil

<<In all their naiveness the Thais are not promoting OBL or nazihelmets, but making a buck cos silly falang buy and pay good price......>>

Dont under estimate Thai knowledge. btw I never saw a falang wear a OBL Tshirt or Nazi Helmet, buy, not convinced.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I notice 2 things always happen when thais are offended by something happening out of their borders, all notwithstanding their right to feel insulted:

-they are not happy to express discontent, they demand removal of offending matter, and always bring up the "other means' argument.

-they always succeed. Except in Afghanistan (Buddhas cannoned to rubbles).

But it takes them years at home years to defrock, maybe.... monks who embezzle money, sleep around and father children. Something's wrong with this picture.

Perhaps we should lodge complaints :cussing: and seek other means in those matters too, then :dunno:..... :grinyes:

Don't know about the nazi helmets but have seen a number of young thai people (usually on the sky train) displaying the swastika symbol (button, patch or printed material and even once a tatoo).

I find it quite disturbing. My assumption is that these people are just plain ignorant and uneducated about history or just insensitive.

Maybe I am under estimating their cognitive abilities; I hope not....

Cardinalblue

Archived