Would the board survive a loss of nightlife?

MrX

Assiduous readers cannot have failed to notice that there is a currently a weighty chorus of posters singing the (imminent) demise of much that we know and love.

Do you think the Nanaplaza board has grown-up enough to avoid being dragged down with it?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that depends on "Waht is nanaplaza" - has it evolved, if it has evolved enough to survive, then maybe it has lost a lot of its attractiveness to others?

I for one would probably stop reading it if it was no longer relivant to the nightlife.

That said, nightlife will NEVER completely dissapear, just change from being so obvious!

So maybe it will change to suit that scenario. I don't think any one beleives the oldest profession will totally dissapear! After all, why is it the oldest proffession, because it adapts,

Is your question really "Would the board survive is there was no nightlife section?"

I agree. I'm not sure if anyone is predicting an imminent demise, just a change, becoming less visible and it will take a while, how long is anyone's guess, but I hope it takes forever.

And the nightlife section would be a boring read ::

Maybe a golf forum would replace it. KS would have to step in when we start arguing that Thais don't make bunkers like they used to.

It would be interesting to know the statistics of usage on this board. I think you would find that 90% of the posting is done by 3% of the users, whereas reading is more distributed. My point is that there are probably a lot of people that just read this board for the nightlife postings.

So, to answer your question, I think the board would survive for the active members but the number readers (I can't remember if you have to register to read the message board) would go down dramatically. I'm not sure if this would affect readership with respect to advertising rates - or if that's the way it works for a site like this.

And, if peoples predictions are correct and the nightlife scene goes underground, I think there would be far fewer people (of the type that participate on this board) that would continue to be interested in Thailand.

I am not suggesting that ALL the people participating on this board are heavily into Thai nightlife, but I would say the majority are. Take that general statement for what it's worth. Judging from many of your posts, you fall into that group. That does not mean that that is the ONLY interest for some members, it definitely is NOT. What I mean to say, is that majority of participants (I am guessing that most read but don't post) read this board for the nightlife.

sure jxxl I think your points both fair and equitable...on a vaguely connected note one thing that surprises me here is how broad a spectrum of "types" post...what do they all have in common except a tendency to literacy and the means for air tickets?

.... or were into the nitelife......

Lets not kid ourselves, with a name like Nanaplaza, no one here comes for the food recipies......

Nitelife is the common denominator here, nothing to be ashamed of.

But definitely the board has grown up as well and has deversified its interests in all things Thai.

BB

Archived