Bit torrent

soongmak

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I am using Zonealarm Pro as well and a zyxel router.

But what I don`t get is this, that the download speed has anything to do whether my ports are open or not.

I mean if I can download at all, then they must be open or?

I'm using ZA Pro and configured it and my router without too much trouble.

Well, what can I say, apparently I am not the PC Wizzard I thought I was :)

I have never experienced DL speed on torrent in excess of 20 KB, but occasionally got full benefit of my 2 MB line of edonkey/overnet/emule when downloading multiple files.

These days however, they seem to be a shadow of former times` performances and besides there is a growing awareness of these P2P programmes among the anti pirate groups in my country.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

From the Azuresus user guide: Downloading also means uploading, and the amounts of each are linked, to ensure fairness and rapidity in the spread of the file at hand.

I'm not sure if it makes any difference but I configured ZA firewall>Internet Zone Security to allow incoming and outgoing UDP port: 6881 and incoming and outgoing TCP port: 6881. Also configured the port forwarding in my router. I don't think I'm getting blazing speeds. I'll check it out latter, it's installed on another computer.

Hi KK,

Yes, I am aware of the connection between upload and download and offer a generous rate :) I have a great big smilie when downloading.

I have tried to play around with these settings to see if that would improve download speeds. But it doesn`t.

I shall follow your advice and look into configuring the port forwarding in my router and the settings of ZA.

Thanks for your input.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Hi,

"I have tried to play around with these settings to see if that would improve download speeds. But it doesn`t."

Same here, although I do think it depends a lot on the torrent. Downloaded one yesterday and at times it jumped up to 30-40K/s, whereas most others average about 5-10K/s

Sanuk!

Archived