Bit torrent

soongmak

My download speed varies. Last night, I was down to 10 kB like you, and Azureus made it up to 24 kB/s. maximum (with the official client has been 60kB/s.

I still think the speed is not great, considering that I use a 3 megabits service, but it enables me to get my files in during the night.

Cheers,

soongmak

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Guess similar to my speeds then.

I guess it depends a lot on the peers you are connecting to. Yesterday for about 5 minutes I was connected to one peer who gave me 60K/sec. That was quite nice :)

More often than not I only get about 1-3K/s per peer though.

Also no idea why I have so many open connections without any traffic. I may for instance have 60 connections, but only 10-15 of these would be down/uploading. All the others have no activity.

Sanuk!

Remember, ADSL has different speeds. In my country as least. Its divided into sereral groups, and the difference is on download speeds only.

Its the way they make money, artifically limiting speeds...

Check what you have paid for maybe? And complain to them if its not right...Don't know if it was relevant to this thread KS, but I saw post about it before.

Cheers!

Hi,

"to decrease the upload speed"

Yes, already done so and while it did help a little, it did not get me the speeds you mention. Not by a long shot.

I think it is the connection speed I have as well. I have a feeling I am not getting 1Mbit as promised. Which does not really surprise me.

Sanuk!

I have so far been using Bittornado, but never had any speeds beyond 20 kb/s in spite of having 2 MB ADSL.

I installed Azureus to give it a try, but while installing I was offered the option to test the port 6881 and it said I had a NAT Error ::

I don`t really get that, I mean either my port is open or it is not, right?

If I am able to download via the Bittornado client, however humble my download speed, the port must be open.

Or am I missing something here?

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Archived