Would you tell? the Poll

Nervous_Dog

[color:"red"] Arguable, as we see from the posts in this thread. But the question that Nervous Dog asked was not 'Would you tell a complete stranger', he asked 'Would you tell a good friend'. I think that narrows the range of debate a lot.

[/color]

Grabii,

I think you should read the first post again. It says:"Do you tell him she's HIV-positive, referring to the other thread where Zenseless former GF has a new BF he doesn't know, so yes, we're talking about complete strangers here.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"red"] It took me a damn long time to think about Zenseless' question. I wasn't sure at all. I thought about the pros and the cons and IMO telling outweighs not telling. Am I right? Don't know unfortunately. I surely hope so, I do have the very best intentions. I think both options bring trouble, but as I said, not telling looks like the worst option. [/color]

Fair enough. Because I don't know what the outcome may be of any of the two actions, I feel that telling simply is a breach of her privacy. What I would do in a situation like this is, put pressure on the girl to tell her BF. Anything else would feel like condemning someone without knowing the facts, and I simply feel I don't have a right to do so.

Let's agree to disagree here. I guess we both know we take our decision with the best intentions.

Cheers,

soongmak

"Let's agree to disagree here. I guess we both know we take our decision with the best intentions."

True.

BTW, I would also put pressure on the girl first. I would contact her and leave her for what it is if she tells me she'd need her time to inform him how and when etc. Then I'd feel I'd done my best.

Zenseless however made it clear she wanted to keep it a secret which made me change my call.

soongmak,

Yes, I see that you are correct. Wondering now where I picked up that 'good friend' idea from ....

Grabii

soongmak said:

[color:"red"] Arguable, as we see from the posts in this thread. But the question that Nervous Dog asked was not 'Would you tell a complete stranger', he asked 'Would you tell a good friend'. I think that narrows the range of debate a lot.

[/color]

Grabii,

I think you should read the first post again. It says:"Do you tell him she's HIV-positive, referring to the other thread where Zenseless former GF has a new BF he doesn't know, so yes, we're talking about complete strangers here.

Archived