Does HIV exist and Does it Kill?

Nervous_Dog

The issue is not how many people get killed, but rather that HIV, if not for safe sex, could infect massive numbers of people, making the death rate higher than anything else.

Because of the education program all countries have undertaken to some degree, the rate of death is thankfully lower than breast cancer.

Now comes the kicker, many people are saying, "We have HIV undercontrol, so lets cut funding education and research and concentrate on things like Cancerrs etc that kill more people"

Good arguements for both siddes sadly.

Maybe if we spent less money on military, both sides could get adiquite funding

DOG

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>>>>>>>>Sorry HT..I am crassly frivolous today..

Somewhere there is a saying about God (not) existing..

Seriously, I think the Christian mind set requires a scary FORM to metaphorise the evils of the flesh and HIV has replace Syphilis which mercifully seems to have been undermined by antibiotics..

But the social representations and functions of our "collective illness narratives" is way off topic and I apologise.. <<<<<<<<

No problem....you are excused from class today. :neener:

HT

Hi ND,

>>>Now comes the kicker, many people are saying, "We have HIV undercontrol, so lets cut funding education and research and concentrate on things like Cancerrs etc that kill more people"<<<

Yea.....God!.. that is sooooooo scary. In real, it's not even *near* under control. The mutation aspects are very real. And the one's in the know, realise this fact. But there is nothing us simple folks can do. We just gottta be careful, and understand the dangers. It's only the best we can do, and promote for others to do, like wise. USE PROTECTION! It the only thing, in the immediate future, that will get rid of this, and erradicate it from our lives.

HT

Archived