Does HIV exist and Does it Kill?

Nervous_Dog

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pardon my ongoing ignorance, :clown: but I thought the idea was that HIV itself didn't kill a person but gradually eroded and destroyed that individual's immune system leaving him or her thus vulnerable to myriad other (often customarily non-fatal) infections/conditions that could then progress to cause rapid death? :dunno:

As for "does HIV exist?", are we going to get philosophical? Does this tin of beer I'm drinking now exist? :doah:

With respect, if I didn't know that Nervous_Dog was a regular poster, and a decent bloke according to New Petchiburi Pete, I'd have had this one down as a troll thread. :o

jack :help:

Interesting story: a good friend of mine (college graduate) argued for years (~ 15 yrs) that AIDS was not caused by the HIV - virus!

He was adamant that it was a gay thing!!!

While knowledge and it's understanding can be powerful tools in preventative medicine, ignorance and the lack of understanding of medical facts can lead to fatalities. This still continues to be the case with HIV.

N.D. ... while the statement above is true, it's tough to express this in a poll. :bow:

Nervous_Dog said:

Fiery Kack ya silly bugger, thats why I worded it "Is it RESPONSIBLE for deaths" ie it self doesn't kill no arguement there, but creates such a sick person the common cold could kill them

Dog

The common cold isn?t an ?Aids defining condition,? silly. (though it is capable of causing false positive Hiv tests)

There is no evidence that Hiv destroys the immune system. That?s the problem. It?s never been anything more than a theory, but the media report as if it were a fact. They do this all the time and consistently, and not just on Aids. Theories that support powerful interest groups are promoted to facts.

WHO reports are routinely presented as unquestioned fact in the media. 30 million have died, etc. The fact that these are estimates made by computer programs, and that actual recorded deaths are vastly lower, is not mentioned. Nor is the persistent contradiction that in even the supposedly hardest hit African countries, the populations just keep increasing.

Many Africans are now aware that they are hearing propaganda, not facts. So are many Indians. Thais, for a variety of reasons including the fact that they can?t read this information because most of it is in English, have no access to these alternative views.

www.aras.ab.ca/articles/AIDSQuotes.htm

http://www.motherjones.com/arts/books/2004/09/08_100.html

elef said:

Hi,

for all interested study this WHO-webpage

elef

Yes, and study this link, too. It shows that the WHO, far from being the independent health watchdog you think it is, gets more than half its funding from corporations, including most major drug companies that make Hiv drugs.

Most of the rest of WHO's funds come from countries, which are controlled by politicians who receive *ahem* "campaign contributions" from the same drug companies.

Do you bite the hand that feeds you?

WHO FUNDING LINK Financial Status report 2002

www.who.int/gb/ebwha/pdf_files/WHA57/A57_20Add1-en.pdf ::

Archived