Wife looking for a woman for the Husband

jasmine

[color:"red"]Excuse my ignorance of Buddhism as I'm assuming that monks are celibate, [/color]

They are supposed t be celibate, empahtically.

[color:"red"] but would the same apply if a man were to become a monk and he would find someone for his wife? [/color]

CS, to the best of my knowledge, there are more men who enter the monkhood more than women entering the nun-hood. However, I have never heard of they look for other men. It can be a long debate on the needs of men and women. Traditionally, the Thais believe that women do not need sexual activities as much as men do, if a woman does, she is not looked upon as a good woman ("whores" word is used for such women). ::

Actually a father of a woman I know retired and went to the monkhood 10 years ago and her mother and the rest of family appear to be happy for him. Her mother is 10 years younger so at 10 years ago she was only around 51. I would say she still wanted some intimacy but perhaps not. Many Thais think that being a woman, a family and good finance is enough. I am in my early 50s and do NOT agree, but who am I to say anything? :D May be calling "whore" if I don't watch it!!! :o

Jasmine

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jasmine, you are not suggesting that if your husband wanted to be a catholic priest and take a vow of celibacy that you would not be happy with only money and nice home?!

I had an ex gf in the states a long time ago who took a job out of state. I did her 'duty' for her and found a 'replacement'. I didn't bother to tell her as she started a new job and had all kinds of pressures. I didn't get any thanks for doing her duty for her when she heard of it. Some people are just ungrateful! ::

Archived