Sir Elton hates Taiwan. So there.

chuckwoww

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Politics aside there are lots of very strong family ties between the Mainland and ROC. One of the biggest areas of leverage is to do with travel restrictions.

I think peaceful unification is inevitable but I'm not sure the US wants to see it. Same with N and S. Korea.

The biggest impact China is having on world economies at the moment is in commodity prices.

>>>China is a giant. It will have a huge impact on the world in times to come. <<<

i believe the impact china is gonna have is to trigger the next huge crises (or the one after that). their economy is rotten to the core.

but don't worry about vietnam, china is not a traditionally expansionist culture, at least in territorial aspects. and, they have more than enough problems already to hold the territory together they have now. i doubt that you will see any expansionist claims by china, apart from taiwan of course, in the foreseeable future.

flyonzewall said:

>>>China is a giant. It will have a huge impact on the world in times to come. <<<

ibut don't worry about vietnam, china is not a traditionally expansionist culture, at least in territorial aspects. and, they have more than enough problems already to hold the territory together they have now. i doubt that you will see any expansionist claims by china, apart from taiwan of course, in the foreseeable future.

oh yeah? tell that to the Viets, they know another side of China! Its just that way China has been. Through centuries. Last China Viet war was in the 80's.

Yes the Chinese lost, and a small scale war Fly. If they won, what would be the next step?

The Viets have felt very threatened by the Chinese, and the Chinese ruled them a long time. At this time, the Chinese do not hunger for more territory. They try to improve their own living standard. This changes over time. They are certainly expansive in history, just look at Tibet. You don't think China got their territories peacefully, do you?

Archived