Chat thai party?

thai3

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chat thai party has like most other parties here no, or only very flexible policies, which can be changed at any moment of time according to from where the wind blows. at the moment chat thai is in the opposition.

chat thai is mainly a one man show, run and dominated by once short time prime minister banharn silapacha, an old style godfather of banhanbu...err, "suphan"buri.

his reign was signified by the most hilarious blunders in recent thai political history.

They used to be popular among farmers in Isaan, and the late PM Chatchai Chunhawan is the one the party name comes from I think (anyone please correct me if I am wrong). He was overthrown in a military coup in the start of the 90's. A very turbulent period. The reason given by the military to kick him out was corruption. He put a lot of emphasis on trade, and worked to make Thailand a force in the region. Was a general as many of the Thai politicians are. He was known as a playboy in his younger years.

I am not up to date on Thai politics today, I will leave that to Fly and more competent ones.

Cheers!

no hope to get the isaarn vote, especially not with jintara, unless she comes down from her high horse by now. which i doubt. in my missus's home village she was bombared with all sorts of fruits and other not so nice matter after she refused to give fans the hand, which is normal in concerts. i don't think she dares to come back there. ;)

also, i think there are nowadays certain minimum educational requirements for MPs. which does not really count for banharn, unless he was now sucessful in buying his degree (can't really remember, if or if not).

that was also before that concert incident in my missus's village...

you should see my missus...she really hates her, never leaves out a chance to take the piss when she is on TV. jokes about her haircut and her supposed ear problem, LOL!

Archived