Chat thai party?

thai3

I think that having a degree to be an MP is a requirement of the new constitution. I seem to remember more than a few of the old-line powerful MP's futures coming into question over this a few years ago, some making dubious claims of education
A BA is required, and I read the same stories about certain old-line MPs getting some rather dubious degrees.

I expect Thai politics to get more interesting in the months to come. At the latest, there will be elections in February of next year. The most recent ABAC opinion poll shows Thaksin's popularity is at its lowest since he was elected. The press, particularly The Nation, is full of stories about Thaksin being forced to make compromises he didn't want to make to various factions within TRT. The press is getting less timid; more papers are now running reports about Thaksin's sister's uncanny ability to win lucrative government contracts.

Most recently, the inner circle, particularly Somkid, wanted to can the Bank of Thailand's governor for making a fuss about KTB's bad loans to politically connected businesses and blackballing KTB's Viroj for allowing those bad loans, but they haven't been able to do it. One year ago they wouldn't have hesitated. The landscape is changing.

TRT may still obtain a majority of the seats in Parliment, but it won't be the absolute majority Thaksin was predicting, and - this is what I find even more interesting - the inner circle doesn't seem to have the same grip on TRT they had before.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thai3 said:

Anyone know what the chat thai partys policies are? I am interested as Jintara may stand as an MP for them next year- if she can get her degree by then-peter

Chart Thai is the party from ex-PM Mr. Banharn Silpa-archa, he is also called "the walking moneyteller", he is the Godfather from Isarn.

If Jintara would enjoy this party, i will use her CD's as frisbees :onfire:

They used to be popular among farmers in Isaan, and the late PM Chatchai Chunhawan is the one the party name comes from I think

-----------------------------------------

yes you are right, he's the founder of the party (in the meantime he has died.

While Mr. Banharn is called Mr. "walking moneyteller" Mr. Chatchai was called Mr. "Mai mii pan ha". When somewhere was a problem, he travelled to this place and said always to the microphones and camera: "Mai mii pan ha!"

I remember me about the heavy floods in the Nakhon Si Tammarat when he

stand in the middle of the high tide water and said "mai mii pan ha!"

This scene was more as absurd.

Nevertheless, while the time he was PM; Thailand had a growing industry, he was one of the better PM for Thailand.

http://www.chartthai.or.th/

Banharn is from Suphanburi, not from Isaarn! Supharnburi could quite benefit from the time he was MP. a lot of generous road constructions with a lot of green space with flowers and trees along the roads. one of the nicer towns in thailand to drive through.

for which party would you like Jintara to stand? TRT? Chart Thai has quite a tradition for celebrities to stand for MP

I don't know much about thai politics so all this is interesting. Pity most people seem to have such a low opinion of them all, are there no 'good ones' at all? Last christmas day I went to a free conceret held by the big party from the south, but I forget what it's called, Ekachai paid for it all I believe as well as starring. I don't think much was said in favour of the party, just lots of posters. Jintara for prime minister! -peter

Senators are not allowed to be officially member of any political party; the senate should have a supervising and balancing function to the Parliament and the Goverment. however many are close to a political party (many were members of a political party) or close to influnetial figures....so you can figure out....

samak said:

Banharn is from Suphanburi, not from Isaarn! Supharnburi could quite benefit from the time he was MP. a lot of generous road constructions with a lot of green space with flowers and trees along the roads. one of the nicer towns in thailand to drive through.

for which party would you like Jintara to stand? TRT? Chart Thai has quite a tradition for celebrities to stand for MP

yes you are right, but it's on the way to Isarn, same same. Barnharn said on one time, if he would not be elected again, he would destroy the roads :doah:

His father and his brother died as Chinese native, but Mr. Moneyteller has a

Thai passport :dunno:

Archived