"it fucking hurts"..as search result?

MrX

Its fucking weird. So many times when I check who is online I see an anonymous reading this thread. Has someone paid for it to be number one search result?

More seriously, KS which are the threads riding high in the longevity/popularity stakes?

And to everybody: how do you use the search function..it always throws gibberish in my direction...perhaps it only 'finds' what the poster deserves?

khunsanuk said:

No real data, but I'd say the Jakarta thread in Regional, Gooners in Sports and at the momen the ethical dilemma one in Relationships.

Sanuk!

...when, of course, it should be one of the many fascinating threads about cheese that I so enjoy.

I was talking to a French guy who has a bakery down this neck of the woods. He makes great bread, wonderful pate, great cakes- but can he get hold of the real cheesy stuff? You know - the real under-the counter lovely cheese? Can he buggery. Cheddar or nowt he says. So I says to him, I say, "Your joking ain't ya?". And he sez, "Nah mate - it ain't worth stocking it is it? There'd only be you buying it and how often are you gonna come in my shop? Once a week? Once a month? Get out of it. It's Cheddar or nothing, now do you want this baguette or don't ya 'cos it's no skin off my nose if you don't".

"Call yerself French?" I sez to him - not arsey like, just all as calm as yer like. You know, polite and everyfink. "French? And all you are offerin' is bloody Cheddar Cheese. And I bet it's not proper bleedin' Cheddar either is it? I bet it ain't. If it ain't come from the district then it can't be Cheddar anyway. Stands to reason dunnit? Everyone knows that don't they?"

Well - I think he's getting a bit hot under the collar by this point and he comes straight back with, "Course it can be bloody Cheddar. Who told you that?"

Well - that's where I had him eh? Eh? Walked right into that one didn't he? Eh? Eh?

"Who told me that? Whaddya mean, who told me that? S'fact innit? You started it all dincha", I sez, "You lot and yer bloody Champagne. 'Can't be Champagne' you all said 'unless it comes from the region'. Gotta be Methode Champagnoise hasn't it. Eh? Eh?"

Well - I ain't be back since I can tell you. The customer is always right and he should at least get some Brie in.

Archived