Why use GTG instead of GF?

khunsanuk

BTW, why have I never seen somebody refer to their wifes' as GTW (Good Thai Wife)? :dunno:

"cause that would infer that the wife is not a good wife...Hardly how you would want to introduce your wife at a

function....." and by the way, this is my Good Thai Wife, ( insert-her-name-here.)" :)

You would never hear the end to the stories that people would love to tell you about what they think they know about your wife. ::

But only for the insecure I suppose..... Hey, John, have you meet my GTW...Nit? ::

Shit.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Redbaron said:

Let's face it, a lot of guys (not all) feel a little insecure...I feel some almost see having a GTG GF as a kind of status symbol. Whether or not the girl is after the FG (farang guy) for his money or not is irrelevant. Said FG's are quite proud to announce to the board, she's a GTG/non sex worker...

Well said, Red: how's the ponytail. :up: That's certainly the impression I get from this board too. :nono: Not infrequently, I suspect, the "my GTG :hug:" routine comes from nervous blokes who were gleefully shagging hookers for years in LOS :hubba: before, by twist of fate, they eventually ended up with a bird, their precious "GTG", who had purportedly never been on the game. :rolleyes:

I wonder if said "Good Thai Girls" refer to their farang boyfriends as "Good Falang Boyfriends", :angel: as opposed to the "STF"s (Sex Tourist Falangs :devil:) they openly disdain in conversation and wouldn't be seen dead with (and would be alarmed if only they knew that, yup, their GFB was once a fully paid-up member of the very same STF brigade. :beer:).

Tricky Customer, Johnny Hypocrisy. ::

jack :drunk:

I realize that who chooses the Sunday night TV shows has yet to be decided, but I am confident you can come to a responsible decision. (can you spell g-r-o-v-e-l)

Got it in one LHL. The remotes are all part of her domain. 24/7. I am allowed a bit of Gershwin in the study on Sundays after I've finished my said duties, as long as it's not too loud.

Well said, Red: how's the ponytail.

Thanks Jack. Doing fine, getting longer. I'm the coolest kid on the block :neener:

Miss Red has never called me her Good Farang Boy either. She just clicks her fingers and I come to attention.. awaiting orders....

Geez I miss her.

[color:"red"] You would never hear the end to the stories that people would love to tell you about what they think they know about your wife.

[/color]

Hi,

I hear good things about Hubby often, why shouldn't you enjoy hearing likewise about your good wife?

If it is negative, ask the person who tells you such things about what good about him/her?

Jasmine

gerrryuk said:

I call my lady a GTG because she never was. and never will be a BG in fact she does not ever want to go around areas like the Nana Plaza because she thinks them degrading and was embarressed when she went their with me. I have nothing against BG's in fact most of them are really sweet & nice and I have spoken with many of them, but I have to say I personally like the difference as my GTG has a University degree, speaks good english has a profession away from the "pleasure areas" and is a good little Buddhist Lady. And I'm proud of her, and I do respect her ideals.

Gerry

Yes, your lady has been privileged, good for her, but many are not so fortunate.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

keekwai said:

In my mind I picture a GTG as being a non-bar girl (never been) with at least a 10th grade education and some type of job. A BG I have the mental picture of lower education from a poor background speaking bad bar-English and with a tendency to be a loose cannon. Don't mean to sound judgemental, I like em all.

Non-BG would be more appropriate than GTG.

Hi KK,

I fail to see what education/finansial background has to do with being a GTG or not. ::

So a dirtpoor unemployed lass from Nakhon Upcountry Issan with bad/no english/thenglish cannot be a GTG in your mind? :(

It seems that our mental pictures differ quite a lot. :(

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Hi Hua Nguu.

I guess I didn't make myself clear. I saw this thread as a discussion on why the GTG label is used by some. It's a label used on this board, something you can't look up in a dictionary.

I don't care for the GTG label. But since it's used here this is how I've come to define it. GTG=non-bar girl, non-prostitute. It does not automatically equal a good Thai girl. A GTG is just about any Thai girl that is not a prostitute. Street vendors, 7-11 cashiers, uni-educated professionals, a very wide spectrum. Many angels, many evil.

The vast majority of bar girls have a very similar background and I'm sure we are all able to paint a pretty accurate mental picture when someone talks about them.

Archived