Why use GTG instead of GF?

khunsanuk

jjsushi said:

[... The problems for most underprivileged (read poor) Thais is getting past the 1st year of Matayom and a university education is a freaking pipe dream.

Perhaps then this accomplishment is what someone may be proud of his wife for.

Rites of passage are honored throughout all cultures. Being graduated from any program , especially given the difficulties that you mention, may be considered an accomplishment to be proud of.

Of course, one may also be proud of their partner for things other than the accomplishment mentioned at a particular time. Maybe picking out just one of her many accomplishments is being modest.

Of course, we all detest those who consider themselves better than another for having done something. The tone and body language added to a conversation (or even a particular style of writing) might indicate that attitude, but, intrinsically, being proud of one's accomplishments can be a great driving factor leading to more achievement. Knowing that our loved one is also proud of our accomplishments can lead us even further.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Khun_Kong said:
jjsushi said:

[... The problems for most underprivileged (read poor) Thais is getting past the 1st year of Matayom and a university education is a freaking pipe dream.

Perhaps then this accomplishment is what someone may be proud of his wife for.

Rites of passage are honored throughout all cultures. Being graduated from any program , especially given the difficulties that you mention, may be considered an accomplishment to be proud of.

Of course, one may also be proud of their partner for things other than the accomplishment mentioned at a particular time. Maybe picking out just one of her many accomplishments is being modest.

Of course, we all detest those who consider themselves better than another for having done something. The tone and body language added to a conversation (or even a particular style of writing) might indicate that attitude, but, intrinsically, being proud of one's accomplishments can be a great driving factor leading to more achievement. Knowing that our loved one is also proud of our accomplishments can lead us even further.

Can't disagree with your assessment however when it applies to the context of this board the accomplishment of the Thai gf/wife being uni educated and working for a corporation, I suspect it is used mostly to differentiate her as not being a prostitute or (former one) and thus a better or more legitimate mate. So the "pride" is not as pure in nature, actually I would label it as false pride. Sort of like an individual who can't differentiate WHAT they do for a living from WHO they are as a person.

Hi

I have a Thai gf who is uni educated. And I'm proud of her for doing. Not that it makes her super intelligent, but it did tell me something about her, as a person, when we first met. It spoke a lot about her as a person, when first getting to know her. She worked very hard to accomplish what she did, and took a big sacrifice on her family's part, to find a way to pay for it. It's not something to be belittled. She is very proud of what she accomplished. And she has every right to be.

HT

Hi

I have a Thai regular 'BG' who is not uni educated, but does cracking blow jobs. :up: This bird could suck a football down a hosepipe. :applause: And I'm proud of her for doing so. :) Not that it makes her super attractive or slim, :( but it did tell me something about her, as a person, when we first met. :hubba: It spoke a lot about her as a person, when first getting to know her. She worked very hard to accomplish what she does, and took a big sacrifice on the part of other birds working at the Star of Light BBBJ tavern, :p to find a way to let her practice, repeatedly sucking off fat drunken falangs :drunk: from dawn to dusk. :rolleyes: It's not something to be belittled. :nono: She is very proud of what she accomplished. :angel: And she has every right to be. ::

FJ :help:

"I have a Thai gf who is uni educated."

I think the point of this thread is NO ONE CARES, except maybe you and her employer.

"It's not something to be belittled."

I don't think anyone would belittle her for being educated. But, I would certainly care more about whether or not she is a nice person.

HIGH THAIED said:

Hi

I have a Thai gf who is uni educated. And I'm proud of her for doing. Not that it makes her super intelligent, but it did tell me something about her, as a person, when we first met. It spoke a lot about her as a person, when first getting to know her. She worked very hard to accomplish what she did, and took a big sacrifice on her family's part, to find a way to pay for it. It's not something to be belittled. She is very proud of what she accomplished. And she has every right to be.

HT

Don't quite get your point in relation to my posts. We all have examples I am sure. A very good friend of mine took a prostitute who worked in Nana for 3yrs and put her in school because she said she always wanted to get her education. She simultaneously attended English/computer school; her last year of matayom under an accelerated program and a business technical school(equivalent of a junior college). She finished top of her class in the technical school and is now in her second year of a university. Her dream job when she was a prostitute was to be a cashier at a grocery store, now her sights are set on marketing and advertising.

I would say that so far he is very proud of her and the fact that she was transformed herself from prostitute to a top student says alot about her as a person. Should her sordid past and present accomplishments be belittled? Does that make her better than any other uni student, office worker or prostitute? Not one bit.

The point of my posts are not about the character of the chicks but the obnoxiousness of farangs who have relationships with so called "GTG"'s and wear the chick's accomplishments or social status like a freaking badge of honour and then proceed to brandish it as some sort of proof that they are not involved with a chicjk that had a backgound in prostitution.

Archived