Why use GTG instead of GF?

khunsanuk

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I call my lady a GTG because she never was. and never will be a BG in fact she does not ever want to go around areas like the Nana Plaza because she thinks them degrading and was embarressed when she went their with me. I have nothing against BG's in fact most of them are really sweet & nice and I have spoken with many of them, but I have to say I personally like the difference as my GTG has a University degree, speaks good english has a profession away from the "pleasure areas" and is a good little Buddhist Lady. And I'm proud of her, and I do respect her ideals.

Gerry

Hi,

"I call my lady a GTG because she never was. and never will be a BG"

I think you misunderstood the point I was trying to make. I don't care whether a girl is a GTG or not, but was asking why some guys feel the need to use the abbreviation GTG (Good Thai Girl) instead of GF (girlfriend) when writing about her.

Sanuk!

Guest lazyphil

To some having a GF from a third world country with a rep for sex trade makes them feel the need to make it clear they have a girl not after their money/status. A GTG!

[color:"red"] I can't use either GTG or GF, or even TGF or GTW. Married, and not with Thai.

Cheers!

[/color]

"wife" is very appropriate and many of us are happy to be one (even though Hubby does not claim me at times :D).

I feel that GTG is a little pushy for it makes us assume the word "good" and the definition of "good" can vary. A non-prostitute is what I prefer to use.

Jasmine :)

[color:"red"]Hi,

"they have a girl not after their money/status. A GTG! "

But a GTG does not automatically mean 'not after their money/status'.

Sanuk!

[/color]

True and "good" should be a personality, morale IMO. However, I won't call many non-prostitutes Thai women GTG. ::

Jasmine

I really haven't noticed it much in reference to GF....

Are you saying the posters say "my GTG GF....."?

I also don't recall posters saying "my BG GF...."

Now for the purpose of the board, many topics seem to center on these partucular groups such as "where to meet a GTG, why does a BG do this, are GTG more expensive than BGs?", etc.

I think GTG and BG categorical names are used solely on this type of board for headings and dicussion purposes.

Outside of this board, I seriously doubt anyone introduces their GFs as "this is my GTG GF or my non-bg GF..."

I sure haven't heard it if they do..

The only time i hear it in "in person" discusions when guys are asking about particulars about one group or the other but not in labelling of their GFs....

Quite unusual if they do....

Cardinalblue

Jasmine,

This labeling has been discussed repeatedly.

For some reason, the "GTG" label has stuck and seems not be be replaced with non-bg or something neutral like non-csw.

People on this board have argued that the history of the label "GTG" is not rooted in morality or does not represent some "goodness" quality as compared to BG. It was explained that GTG does mean "good" as in character, etc etc...

I don't believe it for one second. It surely does or did at one time ....

I have propsed a number of times that the "GTG" label be dropped and/or changed to "non-bgs" but old beliefs, traditions and language do not die easily..

Cardinalblue

Hi,

"Are you saying the posters say "my GTG GF....."? "

No, that I could kinda understand (although I still see no need for that either). What I am refering to is "my GTG ..." or "the parents of my GTG ...".

In other words they replace girlfriend with GTG, rather than appending it.

Sanuk!

Archived