Customs forms no longer required at Don Muang

shotover

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"red"] arriving visitors are no longer required to complete and submit the Customs Declaration Forms [/color]

I am a little thick here. Are you talking just about the customs form or also those annoying forms about the purpose of your travels?

Cheers,

soongmak

I am a little thick here. Are you talking just about the customs form or also those annoying forms about the purpose of your travels?

Yes, you are.....

Apparantly the customs form is no longer needed, the immigration form is still there.

BB

PS : where is your avatar ?

That's a dissapointment. I hate to fill in those tiny forms over and over again.

Last time they even asked why I did not write at what hotel I was staying. When I told the girl that I didn't have any reservations, she inquired whereabouts I would stay. She finally filled out "Sukhumvit Hotel." I guess some supervisor will give her hell when not all questions are answered. :)

About the avatar, the site is down because of maintenance. I guess it is appropriate that guust dissappears when there is work to be done. :applause:

Straycat said:

Just to confirm.

Sept 27, 2004 - No customs card & also, no boarding card required at entrance.

The signs in front of the Don Muang immigration desks state that the foreign visitors arriving should provide the immigration officer a passport, immigration cards, and a boarding pass or airline ticket. I just handed all this information to the immigration officer. If the boarding pass or airline ticket is not offered to the officer, I would assume it's at the discretion of the individual officer to request these documents.

Yes, had to show boarding stub 4 times this year. It would not be that hard to get on the arrival side as most doors are onluy locked one way. Also, one should keep theri boarding pass as to show that you took the filght incase it doesn't make it ot you FF acct! No Customs paper, Feb, April, June, July and we'll see about that on my next two trips this year?

Is there anyone/any document, then, that tells you "Please retain your boarding pass for inspection upon arrival at destination" during the checking-in/boarding process? I don't recall being informed of such a directive (maybe it's printed on the wee boarding pass bit you retain?), but, then again, I'm generally quite tired :drunk: by the time I get on the plane. :beer:

jack :help:

Archived