Customs forms no longer required at Don Muang

shotover

thalenoi said:

I never was asked to show boarding card or ticket.....any one?

Two out of two trips in the last year I was asked for my boarding pass. Luckily I'd read about it, so Antman and I made sure to keep ours handy.

On one trip the person ahead of me didn't have theirs and refuesed entry. When he asked what he should do, he was told to talk to his airline to clear things up.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pasathai said:

I wonder what the logic ( thai or otherwise) is on asking to see boarding pass after getting off the plane.

do some people sneak into the passport line just for fun and not get there from a plane?

There is a logic here..... people would quickly walk to terminal 2 if too long queue at terminal 1 and vice-versa.

I know I did in the past......

BB

pasathai said:

I wonder what the logic ( thai or otherwise) is on asking to see boarding pass after getting off the plane.

do some people sneak into the passport line just for fun and not get there from a plane?

Actually, from a friend at the UK embassy, there are some folks from some countries (you can figure where) who swap boarding cards with their friends/accomplaces after immigration and board other flights. Now how they think they will be able to pass immigration without the needed visa is beyond me (outside of using someone else's passport), but that is why. If you are not African, from the Sub-Continent or Middle Eastern, then they are not too tough with that boarding stub requirement.

And actually, I have figured out a couple of ways to sneak into LoS at the airport without passing immigration, but in the interest of security I will not mention them here. I have mentioned it to my Immigration copper friend, but AFAIK no changes to certain locations/procedures have been made.

I keep my stubs and ticket reciept page anyway just in case the airline tries to screw me out of my mileage! I toss 'em after I get my mileage statements.

Regards,

SD

pasathai said:

You have to mention your flight number and origin on your immigration card, maybe they want to check that is correct?

Even then your country of origin might well be different....

Isn't this what this thread is all about? :doah: NO more filling out an Immigration Card.?

Great by me. Save my boarding pass to show..... OK. FAs might want to mention that to people before landing :banghead:

So, again, do we still get that silly, can't leave the country without it, departure card stapled into our Passport. And if so, who fills this one out now?

so the 2 page immigration one is still there,........ still have to put your flight number, still have the departure card............. oh well, no big change then. Just one less piece of paper for them to have to shuffle.

never had anyone ever even look at the customs one.

(Knew it was to good to be progress.) :banghead:

ok, going back to sleep now. :sleeping:

Archived