Looking for/ Want/ Need in Thai

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"red"]Khun Jasmine pen gae maak (She be very old person......hahaha) . 'Tirak' is not seen as derogatory among younger girls there (post Viet Nam era). My tirak does not think it is a bad word, or having a bad connotation. Simply means sweetheart, girlfriend, partner in life, honey, etc. Same as 'faen'.

[/color]

Have you ever thought that perhaps she has been around "farang" or around females who have "farangs" as BF?

My nephew who is 21 years old will never use such word, neither my niece who is 17 years old.

No matter what, people who are around "farangs" do have different speech than normal Thais, strong IMO and will stick to it. Not that I find association with "farangs" is uncommon but they use words that seem to have certain meaning in certain context which are not used in not-everyday Thai environment.

Glad that such word as "tiirak" which is really nice word is no longer has certain bad connotation.

HT, the key is this, when you get to my age ,that is if you have a chance, :) and you are like me, you would be blessed!

:hubba: :hug:

Jasmine :D

>>My nephew who is 21 years old will never use such word, neither my niece who is 17 years old

I agree. Outside the barscene, I have never heard this word from teenagers (actually they would laugh about it), only from women in their 20s who had been exposed to Thai-farang relationships before or who were looking for a farang.

Hi Jasmine,

I guess you're correct. I asked 'tirak' ( :)) about it, and she said she used with me, only because I use. :)

But she would not use ordinarily. 'Faen' is what she would use. But she did say, that she does not think has a bad connotation. I use 'faen' and 'tirak', interchangably with her. I guess if I want to start speaking proper Thai with her, I should stop using 'tirak'. :o

HT

Archived