Weather Reports at BKK int'l?

LOL, Bangkok is closed. Khun Tak has asked all farangs to leave immediately. Do not come here. Bad things will happen. :clown: LOL! :D

Here is the METAR report for Don Muang. Looks to be nice flying weather the past 24h to me.

Don't know the ICAO Indicator for the airport which interests you? No problem. Go here and enter the three letter code into the IATA space and press the IATA button. Example: Wnat to find Osaka airport's ICAO? Enter KIX into the IATA space and press the IATA button. Voila. RJBB is the answer.

Cheers,

SD

seriously i have never seen Don Muang closing for a whole day; there are no typhoons in LOS.

larger airports in Asia that shut down occasionally due to weather conditon for a day or so are mainly Hongkong and Taipei (had experiences at both) and very seldom airports in Japan

The UA flt from BKK to NRT is cancelled for 10/9 but scheduled to go on the 10/10. United will make an announcement on the possibility of having 2 flts from NRT to BKK on 10/10 due to the fact that 10/9 was overbooked and 10/10 is same same so no room to get into BKK and those two if scheduled to go back on 10/11 so as to get things back to normal. Will be a cluster F**k but I was on the first UA out of BKK on Sept 16th 2001. The deal then as will be now those whom have a res/seat go and those whom need to reschedule go when there is a seat.

I was/am one of the unfortunates to fly out of BKK at 0700 this morning.

Long lines going nowhere. Iwas so dazed arriving for the 0500 checkin that I didn't even notice. I told my GF, "Gee, the lines are moving slowly".

She (NOT UNITED) informed me rain comes, nobody goes.

GF pointed out something kinda funny: everybody was being routed here and there, so they could get home/wherever they were going.

Except for the Japanese- no alternative routings for them! They were all sitting around yammering away.

Lotsa variations used by UAL. Guy in front of me flying out Tuesday. Lotsa people routed through Singapore. I was put on EVA through Taipai, to LAX, to New York to Washington to Virginia. I will arrive NYC 0600 SUNDAY friggin' morning instead of Saturday night at 1830.

Maybe the city never sleeps, but my brother sure does! :)

Lost my nice exit row seats. Lost my nonstop NRT-JFK. Lotsa pissed off people who paid lotsa money for business/first seats on UAL and got stuck in cattle class on EVA.

Lucked out a bit, though. Spoke to nice woman at EVA desk, told her I'm not in a rush, if they are oversold and need to bump me, I'll be sitting right over there (close to her desk). What's your name? Sufat. Ok, Sufat, beautiful name, let me know if you need my help.

I waited until the entire 747 had boarded. She looked up from her paperwork, saw me, walked over to a co-worker, said something quietly. I got called up, they scribbled on my boarding pass, and next thing you know: Evergreen Deluxe! :) :thumbsup:

Never hurts to be nice .

I'm typing this from the Red Carpet Club lounge at LAX (7 hour layover, free drinks/snacks/internet. I know, I'm such a whiner!).

And, oh my Buddha- those young EVA air stewardesses! What a bunch of living dolls. They must have beauty, age and height requirements at their human resources department.

Khun_Kong said:And, oh my Buddha- those young EVA air stewardesses! What a bunch of living dolls. They must have beauty, age and height requirements at their human resources department.
Dude, is this the FIRST time you have flown an Asian carrier? You'll never go back LOL!

Cheers,

SD

I have flown United to Bangkok at least 50 times from the west coast, hooked on the mileage program...it never occured to me to look at other airlines. Last year I saw this ad in a Sunday travel section of the local paper BKK $557.

Tried JAL and I will NEVER NEVER fly United to Asia again.

I love JAL...economy class at least to me, is as good as United Business class....

A choice between rude fat cows on united and little asian cuties on JAL is no choice at all.

(unless you are a mountain climber)

aka: one who likes fat girls.

cheers,

I love you all!

Archived