Pattaya to close at 1 am

eyebee

Swishtz said:

This passport checking is happening, to get into CM2 you need to produce it, also the toilets in Nana Hotel/Disco have signs recommending carrying it.

Went to both CM2 and Nana disco 2 weeks ago with 2 farang friends. We showed the CM2 doorman a non-verified photocopy of our passports (I was carrying mine just in case they required the original), and were allowed in without hesitation. The Nana disco doorman did not ask to see any ID, just held out the hand for the 300 baht cover.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi torrenova

We've all seen the fake muay thai boxing at the bars to draw the first-timers ; including where torrenova's bar area. But a friend told me that there're real fights involving WOMEN!

Have you seen them? Is there any schedule to this so we'll know when to hit the area? ::

Not all fights are fake/fixed etc. Sometimes you get 2 Thais going hell for leather and sometimes with one Thai and one farang. The best bout I saw was one real classy farang take out the best of the Thai boxers. Cut him up real bad he did.

I've seen some girls fighting but not for many months now. Same same with dwalfs. Apparently some years back they used to have dwalf fights but when one died (not in the ring), the other sort of lost his job.

There are real fights in the stadium but often there is little or no prize money. Worth going when a good fight and purse on offer for the winner.

From the Stickman site on Sunday.

Down in Pattaya, Walking Street seemed busier to at least one Pattaya resident who reported that he could not get a parking space anywhere near Walking Street for the

first time in two or three years! Most of the better gogos were crowded. Some farangs at bars by Saturday night - even away from Walking Street - though most bars hurting late in the week.

And still in Pattaya, bar and club owners continue voicing upset over earlier closing hours. A contingent of government representatives visited Walking Street on Thursday night. They heard a multitude of gripes related to closing times. Everyone they talked to let off steam, from business owners crying that they will be forced to close because of limited operating hours to tourists who point out that after a 12 to 20 hour flight and the pangs of jet lag, no way can they sleep at night...but neither can they party, which was their reason for coming to Thailand. Not one positive reaction to earlier closing times.

Does anyone know if there was a contingent of representatives on Walking Street Thursday night and what times are actually closing? I have been characterized here as the number one purveyor of doom and gloom about Thailand's nightlife, but I am wondering (more like hoping) that we have turned a corner and perhaps things will start to relax a bit. I haven't seen any indication of this in Bangkok, but I am wondering if there have been signs that the authorities in Pattaya are getting more relaxed again? What is like down there now?

Incidentally, there was an interesting article in the "Perspectives Section" of yesterday's (Sunday) Bangkok Post about prostitution in Bangkok entitled, I believe, "Circle of Vice". Several police officers complained about the dramatic increase in the number of street hookers in Bangkok. I have noticed it too. Squeeze one end of the ballon and the other end gets larger. My hope is that someone in a position to make decisions on these sorts matters will recognize what is actually happening and impliment some sensible policies.

AhTech,

I know you asked about Pattaya however thought I'd mention that in Patpong at Pink Panther, they have lady Muay Thai boxing (along with all the normal Muay Thai fights). I have seen the ladies fight and they do go at it. Not sure of their exact schedule but when they do have Muay Thai fights in the bar they normally start around 2300 or so. I just missed a lady Muay Thai fight there the other night however I didn't stay for it, I had my own bout with a fine damsel from there to attend to...

Most gogos, and the Marine Disco are now closing around 1:00 - 1:30 am, when the police arrive. However Marine 2 has now reopened (in a different location) and was still buzzing when I left at 2:45 last night.

Most bar owners seem to think that the rules will be relaxed again come the end of November. We will have to wait and and see! :drunk:

Most bar owners seem to think that the rules will be relaxed again come the end of November. We will have to wait and and see!
Hmm...and there is two three day weekends at the beginning of December.

eyebee said:

Most gogos, and the Marine Disco are now closing around 1:00 - 1:30 am, when the police arrive. However Marine 2 has now reopened (in a different location) and was still buzzing when I left at 2:45 last night.

Most bar owners seem to think that the rules will be relaxed again come the end of November. We will have to wait and and see! :drunk:

Cool...where is this new marine 2? I always found it a struggle to find my way from marine to marine 2 before it closed so maybe if you give me directions and with the earlier closing time of marine, I'll manage to get there!

Saturday night in Pattaya.

It is a strange situation in Pattaya.

Some bars closed promptly at one.

Others stayed open with lights out and music off.

Still others stayed open with lights on and music on after one.

Are the bar owners as confused as everyone else about closing times?

Archived