Pattaya to close at 1 am

eyebee

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Just returned from Pattaya and can report that the whole closing time issue is still up in the air.

Many bars are playing cat and mouse and still trying to stay open until 2am but this is often without the dancing girls and the music cut. In fact they ask you to pay your checkbin and will sell you more drinks.

I know the discos are staying open longer but you are not really supposed to be in there and run the risk of being detained whilst the whole place is drug tested if you happen to be in the night the police raid.

I was in one bar at 1.15am when 10 police officers came running in. The bar owner ran into the back and we were able to slip out as we had paid out checkbins but I can tell you it was not a pleasant experience and I do not know what the outcome will be for that bar.

SD.

luckyfarang said:

Torrenova, why don't you just carry your Thai driver's license instead as ID? That's what I do.

I don't need to drive so don't have either a car or Thai license.

I live, work and play in the city. Perhaps being used to Tokyo, Hong Kong and London, you forget how to live with a car and find that you don't really need one.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been covered already but if it has I cannot find it.

In the current issue of Pattaya Mail there is a story that the closing time is now under review. A few days ago all the senior administrators the governor, mayor and other officials did a tour of Walking Stret to guage opinion on the new closing time of 1am. They were not surprisingly met by a wave of protest at the new time.

The upshot of this is that all of them are now aware that if the new closing time is to stay Pattaya might as well close down as a tourist resort. Not only the business owners were questioned but a lot of tourists as well.

The governor 'realised that the businesses in Walking Street have their busiest trading periods after 11pm' and not before so a 2am closing time at least and preferably 3am closing is necessary to make a good profit.

The upshot of all this is that the governor and mayor have promised to review the closing time and have sent a report to the MOI in BKK.

The decision will be made at the end of this month.....that is next week!

uniformguy

Try Bangkok for late night openings, last sat I was in an all night karaoke, a big one, until past 4 AM. Although I am sure someone will say this was a bad idea as somebody might have looked at me or not liked the fact I was with a thai lady, I had a great time. I never felt in the past three weeks that anywhere was packing up early or chucking me out before I wanted to leave. Why do people have to stay up until 6 AM in order to feel they are having a good time?-peter

keith doug said:

thanks thai 3 i will be in pattaya soon and was not sure actually when to have my dinner 9pm 10pm 11pm ... it seems things not to bad .. thats not like bkk me thinks !

eat when you're hungry :doah:

Archived