GET ME TO BANGKOK DEC!

Fidel

After looking at most sites, I settled for £785 (inclusive of tax, etc) for direct flights with Eva Air from ebookers. The only way I could have got it cheaper would have been to set out on Christmas Day.

Haven't flown with EvaAir for 10 years - my first trip to Thailand, in fact. It's not that they were bad - it's just that they didn't fly at the right times for me as an employee trying to make best use of his holiday allowance! Anyone know if they have personal screens for each seat? Not that I care too much - I just want to spend as little time on the plane as possible and can't stand stop-overs.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, now to find a hotel with a vacancy! :)

What I noticed is that none of the sites really helped you out on finding which were the cheapest days in a range. You just have to try all the combinations yourself. Irritating, isn't it? I know the different combinations of trying more than a few days either way would multiply strain on the site's resources tremendously but you'd think the site developers could find a half-way house to at least give us some idea.

My brother flew with them a few weeks ago and a mate flew back to the UK with them last weekend. Both said there ok, but nothing special a bit of a poor mans Thai so to speak. But the plane did look a bit "tired", well it is 20 yrs old!. I suppose they are ok for 300 quid but their prices seems to be all over the place and at times they are more than the likes of Thai.

Cheers Simie.

• 4 weeks later...

So, having been had by Air France.. 1137 Euro for a flight that will see me in LOS for 8 days... I have changed and booked with a combination of Ryanair to gatwick and Phuket Air to Bangkok.

Cheaper... but taking my lastminute.com / Air France Cancellation fee into account... about 100 Euro more expensive... fuck it. 100 Euro for an extra 6 days? Worth it imo.

God help me... Ryanair + Phuket Air

:(

Archived