GET ME TO BANGKOK DEC!

Fidel

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BelgianBoy said:

Fidel,

Of course you cant, all flights are full, all hotels are booked and Thailand is closed !

Seriously, most airlines have huge blocks of seats reserved for the travel agencies and the leftover seats are freed 2-3 weeks before departure.... Have you tried making reservations with TG direct ? Or book through an agency and take options ?

Friend of mine booked yesterday on China Airlines through Amsterdam, still free saets there....

Tried websites ?

Good luck !

BB

Hi BB. Do you think I'll have a better chance closer to the time? Anyone else got experience of this?

Thanks!

<Each year always on the waiting list with TG, but always got my seat booked as late as 3 weeks before leaving>

that depends on your status at TG, i guess you have gold card, BB?

i once wanted to fly also close to new year on TG; the travel agency told me "flight is completely full, there are over 190 persons on the waitinglist"; i said "i am not interested, how many people are on the waitinglist, but what position i have" she made the reservation in the booking system and said "you are first!" i got "confirmed" in the afternoon.

Hi,

yes a gold card is good to have, sometimes I book as late as 4 or 5 days before and never had any problem.

In Denmark TG has deals with some group tour operators and they give back seats a few days before the flight. One time more than 50 seats were empty on a fullbooked flight!

elef

Archived