84 Dead in Pattani: "This is typical"

MaiLuk

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Appearently the US has warned their countrymen in Nordic countries, as there seem to be indications/warnings about terrorist attacks here also. The Americans in Nordic countries have been told to stay away from shopping centers and important communication crosspoints. The Norwegian Embassy in Riga was closed today, due to threats from a muslim group.

So nothing new under the sun. Its totally irrelvant to this thread, as killing demonstators has nada to do with this.

If Thaksin has lost control it explains stuff though.

>>>So nothing new under the sun. Its totally irrelvant to this thread, as killing demonstators has nada to do with this.

If Thaksin has lost control it explains stuff though. <<<

it is rather evident that thaksin has not much control whatsoever over the situation in the south. and the little he has is rapidly slipping away.

i personally don't care an ounce for embassy security warnings and alerts, but many people do.

and the one i have received was not by the american embassy, who appears to give out a warning whenever a muslim lets a fart.

mine was very strong worded, citing warnings already expressed on the pulo website to attack some of the holiday destinations down south (i still leave it open to question if that was just a warning or any real intend), and speculations over the reactions after the incident. it also included warnings about the burmese and cambodian border areas.

people pay attention to that, and of course do the large tourism organisations who do not want to risk any problems with their insurances.

personally, i am concerned over a possible civil war, not frightened that i might be caught up in a terrorist bomb.

two years ago i have posted that i doubt that there will be a bomb a la bali happening in thailand, but i must confess that i have underestimated the stupidity of politicians again - i could not have imagined that those could have made so many blatant errors and mistakes in how to deal with the situation. now i have to say that it is not out of imagination that something might happen.

Good point Check Bin...surely political leaders must know this,but the prevailng wisdom on how to deal wit terrorism is to crack down hard even though most people would predict this can only lead to a circle of violence.I suppose those in charge are afraid of seeming to be weak.In the end,negotiation would be a better route to follow,but perhaps more difficult and risky than letting the military handle the situation " their way "...

At least some one got it... :)Well one only needs to look at yesterdays headlines in the Post to see what is really happening)or at least being presented.

"Pisarn Vows to keep using force"

Who is speaking? The military. Who is quiet? Hmmm

Who is in control...?But who is making all of the Money and keeping it to themselves.?? People are getting grumpy.

We will see what today brings. Its way dicier than anyone even suspects at the present.

Well I think this is where my degree in international relations will come in handy when I graduate, I would use my education to help the people of Thailand achieve peace depending on if there is a civil war in the next 4 years. And who knows how the situation will be like in that part of the world especially if W is voted sorry I mean scammed into office again.

Archived