84 Dead in Pattani: "This is typical"

MaiLuk

I don't think many know enough about the situation in the past to comment with much authority including me, but i find it a bit hard to believe that things were peacefull until the army left. The army are not usually sent into a peacefull area, so what was going on before that? Do you think then that the army should have stayed forever? what would have been the point if as you say the muslim south was living peacefully. Looks like they were sent down to contain things, the extemists kept a low profile only to start up their murderous activities again when the security slackened off.

Anyone have any fairly impartial links outlining the history of the south?-peter

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fear is a perfectly understandable emotion and I don't think people in thailand or the west are being misled on the threat that faces us all. Considering the terror attacks over the past few years fear or at least concern is surely a positive emotion that wakes people up to what's going on. I don't see what it has to do with xenophobia, I don't hear people saying they are worried about what the Danes, the Ozzies or the Chinese are up to. Looking at Dr Death himself in his latest video he does not exactly inspire confidence over any peacefull activities on his part, he admits to killing over 3,000 people on one day, now that's scarry, kinda puts 84 in perspective sad as that was-peter

check_bin_krap said:

Don't you dare to put Thaksin and the Thai king into same sentence like that.There is NO politician in Thailand who can be put into that context.:

I don't understand this objection. Is it disrespectful to mention HM in the same sentence as anyone else, just a politician, or just something you do not personally like? I don't think SOTH was suggesting any political influence on the part of HM, although he does speak his mind in the Birthday speach, which should be interesting this year.-peter

I think it has been made clear enough in this thread already, in my replies + others. Its disrespectful to put the King in a sentence to defend whats a result of a politicians actions.

If you don't get the meaning of this, go back and read the whole thread. Some other interesting posts followed mine also. If you insist, I can put it all together in one post repeating it all over again. Let me know if you are too lazy reading the whole thread.

thai3 said:

Fear is a perfectly understandable emotion and I don't think people in thailand or the west are being misled on the threat that faces us all. Considering the terror attacks over the past few years fear or at least concern is surely a positive emotion that wakes people up to what's going on. I don't see what it has to do with xenophobia, I don't hear people saying they are worried about what the Danes, the Ozzies or the Chinese are up to. Looking at Dr Death himself in his latest video he does not exactly inspire confidence over any peacefull activities on his part, he admits to killing over 3,000 people on one day, now that's scarry, kinda puts 84 in perspective sad as that was-peter

Actually you're wrong about the Chinese. There are lots of people who worry about their intentions. Xenophobia is alive and well. It is Arab xenophobia that fuels Al Quaida and Western xenophobia that fuels the response.

But perhaps it comes down to choice. I simply do not choose to see the world that way. STH is easier to understand. I think he genuinely believes that if everybody submitted to authority life would be smoother for all concerned. Try selling that idea to Palestinians. Still, as far as law and order are concerned I agree with what he says and I don't detect any malice in his posts.

On the other hand there is something about the tone of your posts I find downright spooky.

>>Your girl friend is a moron.

After she says something like that...what is it about her that can attract you?<<

:doah:

r u serious with this question? If your girl's opinion on current events is not as 'enlightened' as yours, you would not want to be with her? Occurred to you that she has reasons (in her view) to hate the muslims in the south? Like seeing the burning and killing non-muslims?

Before you say that the 84 were innocent, thats not the point of my post. Its just surprising that you would use that as a condition of your relationship

>>>1 There are many Hitler myths such as him being vegetarian-his doc only suggested it. But I never heard about him taking it up his bum and the panties.Maybe fly knows what sort of panties and if they were crotchless?<<<<

hitler was vegeratian and mostly antialcoholic (as you can read in the autobiography of his personal servant, and the last year's published autobiography of one of his personal secretaries. his personal doctor tried to convince him to eat meat when his health started failing, but to no avail. there is no indication whatsoever that he was gay.

>>>2 Yet to hear any thai say a bad word about thaksin, even after they moan about early closing<<<

so?

you should then start socialing a bit in thailand, you'll meet heeps who hate him like the pest, just get into any taxi and have a political discussion...

In a recent documentary over here the exact opposite on the meat eating was suggested in that he was ordered by his doctor not to but largely ignored it.

I don't think the fact that people might moan about taksin is any indication of his worth as a political figure, when was there a prime minister from anywhere that a large part of the populated hated whatever they did, only to be expected. When you ask people why they like him the answers are always a bit vague though-peter

Archived