84 Dead in Pattani: "This is typical"

MaiLuk

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

me too, but I did learn that one guy's GF is a sadistic little freak, when she was happy all those people down south died. So, it's not a total loss...BTW, I like your posts chuckwoww. They make me giggle like a schoolgirl..

cheers,

chuckwoww said:

Yeah and I wonder why I let myself get drawn into these 'discussions'. Same old worn-out points. Nothing new ever comes out of it. :)

Zorro said:

You know what the next step is then when the violence spreads out of control..... martial law.

And so Thailand returns to what it knows so well....the army running the country.

It seems Thailand is doomed to repeat itself and not learn from its past mistakes.

Sad really.

:( Super-sad...but your post has a tone of a very realistic proposal...so, what WAS it like when the army ran the country? What kind of rules ect..? Thanks for taking the time to enlighten me on this as am not familiar with this time period. Cheers.

The central issue as we speak is that Toxin while trying vainly CANNOT control the military. He tried with his nepotistic appointment of family members within the military but it backfired. A line has been drawn in the sand if he steps over it poof he will be gone n a coup and -------will command.The PM is fighting this,desperately attemting to control the press in the south and STILL putting his foot in his mouth.

Bangkok is very porous on a security front and frankly it is potentially quite dangerous. There have been bomb placemnts/terrorst threats which have been foiled within BKK proper as recently as last week. Its a bit more serious than most peole realize I believe.This is IMHO and from some very very good sources.So take care of yourself out there :D ::

Just heard Toxin went on TV, and showed he gave 800,000 Bt. to the families, out of his own pocket. 100,000 went to a single family, who appearently didn't have a breadwinner in the family anymore. :: (Like all the other 77 families did) ::

Gf laughed "was in English subtitles, so he wanted the whole world to know what a nice guy he is..... He's good! (at what he does). She had tongue in cheek.

Also said her Singapore boss was coming this week, and was scared to death come to Thailand, with all the violence. It's gotten a lot of international bad press, which of course, it should. I heard 6 trucks (217 people in each?), with hands bound, and no water or food. Hard to believe they could not have seen the obvious outcome to that. How the F**K do you get 200+ people into a single army truck?

HT

>>>How the F**K do you get 200+ people into a single army truck?<<<

stack 'em in layers. that's what happened.

and the outcome is a catastrophy for thailand. the embasies already fire off their travel warnings. got one just in my email, and rather strongly worded. that combined with the mishandled birdflue issue, etc.

flyonzewall said:

the western press has reported fuck all of the drugwar apart from a few little articles in small papers. it started reporting when the announcement was made that the drugwar was officially finished. that was a bit late though for the thousands killed (official number 2500, most of them during the first two months, inofficial numbers are between 4000 and 5000 dead. officially mostly done by silence killing within the gangs. inoffially, and far closer to the truth - mostly done by deathsquads formed of special police units and remnants of the krating daeng and other volonteer forces - most of them veterans of very similar killings during the communist insurgency).

Time for a wake up.

Thailand IS a third world country and the pendulum is heading towards LESS of everything.

Archived