84 Dead in Pattani: "This is typical"

MaiLuk

Pattaya127 said

When I was a bit shocked and questioned her attitude, she added that they had deserved to die.

You shouldn't be so surprised when Thais express these sentiments especially when their PM endorses them.

You only have to look at the comments of some of the posters on this board who also believe that these poor unfortunates deserve to die.

Thai3 and STH I hope you are never in the position where you are the victims of 'arbitary justice'.

Your callous indifference to the state sanctioned murder of untried individuals and indeed support of such action only serves to highlight your political naiviety.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<< Thank God, thailand "is a Buddhist country"! >>

A little matter called karma. Try to discuss capital punishment with Thais some time. They are almost always extremely pro whacking them. When I mention Buddhist beliefs, they shrug and mumble something about how they deserve to die. It is their fate.

Pattaya127 said

When I was a bit shocked and questioned her attitude, she added that they had deserved to die.

---------------------

Nope! Was not me.

Flashermak

Try to discuss capital punishment with Thais some time.

---------------------------

I know. I could have posted that smirking remark in 1988, after spending my 1st month there. Nothing new. But in truth, not all thais celebrate seeing killing or deserving to die.

A bit late in this thread, but it deserves a comment...

1. Hitler, was "mentaly ill and liked drugs."- well he also dressed in panties and was a fan of the cock at times too. So, let's not put much stock in him.

2. Many people like the PM in up-country thailand. Not your GF (who will tell you anything for baht,silly) or your 'friends' who would much rather avoid getting into an arugument with a farang with an opinion.

3. We can just hope this doesn't spill over into other areas and hope for the best for both sides down south.

4. I have met muslim-thais that are very pleasant people. Just as all groups, there are some good and some bad.

I like this thread, it has been fun to read and see everyone's different viewpoints on this potentialy a 'powder keg' matter.

cheers,

A lot of people are expecting something to happen in Bangkok after this. There've ben feelings like that before, after 9/11. after Bali, but I think Thaksin's whacked the hornet's nest a mite too hard this time. I'll be surprised if something doesn't occur in the near future.

1 There are many Hitler myths such as him being vegetarian-his doc only suggested it. But I never heard about him taking it up his bum and the panties.Maybe fly knows what sort of panties and if they were crotchless?

2 Yet to hear any thai say a bad word about thaksin, even after they moan about early closing

3 Almost certain to spread from the south, maybe they will copy the chechen methods, thier demands are similary impossible to meet

4 Stating the obvious, but it's not the good ones the world has to worry about-peter

Archived