How else can TG´s meet a spouse?

Guest baldrick

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if one is a tourist and looking to meet a TG (not associated with bars or internet agencies), it is proabaly close to zero.

There will be a few examples out there who got lucky but it was probably random. Most would be cold calls and that doesn't mesh too well with thai society.

I don't know of any systematic way as a tourist. The best bet would be getting to know either thais and much lessor extent expats to be introduced to girls but then for this to happen you have turned into a regualr tourist with routines, habits and norms.

One guy i do know is a guy in his late 50s but incredibly charming, presents extremely well, highly articulate, sucessful and confident. and fit/healthy lifestyle, he targets office women types in their 30s and he is able to secure many dates.; but he just isn't your average nana tourist. he projects an image which is attracting to the office types and he can back it up....

Then on the flip side, there was this guy (also in his 50s) who was staying in our hotell/condo. He approached my friend in our mail room telling her he was a physician from california and asked her out for dinner. Exactly one week later and in the same place, this time he was a lawyer from NY. He had forgot that he approached her the week earlier. I can understand being a doctor and a lawyer both being worthy professions (I guess he is well educated too) but why would anyone say he is from NY.....

cardianlblue

If falangs stay in the tourist areas, they will find very few quality good Thai ladies. Step out of the tourist areas into Thailand, and they are all over. Learn some language and some of the customs. They are as eager to know you as you are to know them.

[color:"red"] If falangs stay in the tourist areas, they will find very few quality good Thai ladies. Step out of the tourist areas into Thailand, and they are all over. [/color]

I agree with your statement in general but a few good women do work in tourist areas.

I believe in fate, if ones are to be together, ones will meet. :D

Jasmine

if ones are to be together, ones will meet.

-----------------------------------------

I think you put the finger on something so interesting. The fact that someone, having bought a ticket to fly thousand of miles away from home, in a totally different culture, could actually think "wow, what are the chances?" on his first trip. I've seen it happen and it works sometimes, most of the times, though, it's pure misreading of situation. To fall in love mutually isn't that hard, but to love someone, away from the nice trappings surrounding the infatuation, is another piece of cake.

[color:"red"] The fact that someone, having bought a ticket to fly thousand of miles away from home, in a totally different culture, could actually think "wow, what are the chances?" on his first trip. I've seen it happen and it works sometimes, most of the times, though, it's pure misreading of situation. To fall in love mutually isn't that hard, but to love someone, away from the nice trappings surrounding the infatuation, is another piece of cake.

[/color]

I met my ex-fiance on his first R&R to Thailand. We never regret our 2.5 yrs. of loving each other, what fate was that?

Jasmine

Whats wrong with the net? (not reply to you dear Jasmine). You can meet someone there on a friendly basis, who introduces you to more people and so on and so on. Can even be a guy - guy friendship. Those who go on the net to find gf NOW! Are doing a huge error. Its all about networking. Can be done in Thailand, real life after or net.

I crossed borders a lot when I found my wife on the net, the one who introduced me to to my wife in Vietnam was Thai. I never had any romantic interest in my Thai friend. Thats why it worked well also, keep and build up friends. I have met my Thai friend in real life after, such a nice person.

Suddenly I stood at the airport in Hanoi, my girl and me had known eachother on the net a long time already (and developed from friendship to love) and the rest is history. We call our son "Yahoo baby", among many other nicks!

Cheers!

• 6 months later...

It was not my post, Jas, but I agree with it.

There is an awful lot of guys who fall in love and commit with the first asian girl they meet while traveling to that continent, and it's not just related to the sex scene.

Sometimes, probably not as rarely as we think, it clicks and lasts, sometimes it's just a result of brain going mush and not responding quite as well as back home.

as far back as we can get in the travel, discovery, colonial literature, even centuries ago, there is one constant: the appeal that asian women have had for the visitor. second constant in those matters being that they (enough of them) were "loose" enough that it had the guys diving in head and soul at once.

It was the greatest problem, for army and company commands, as discipline and efficiency were usually affected. This is another reason why prostitution was seen as a good, and tolerated, if not in the texts. The guys took care of the urge, plenty of whores insuring diversity and new promises of delices next time they were off duty.

now 2005: doesn't it still ring a bell? ::

Now, with the easiness of traveling far and fast, we escape the lure or go back to normal mode, knowing it'll happen again next year, next trip, but if we had to go by boat, I bet most of us would have stayed after the 1st or 2nd trip, lest we'd be heard nostalgically mumbling back home, down to our last breath.

Archived