How else can TG´s meet a spouse?

Guest baldrick

I have fond memories of getting attention from university girls in Lumpini Park, giggling shopgirls in a Kanchanaburi store, hotel receptionists in Karon Beach, even a shy nurse approaching me in Carrefour once when I was shopping(!) But, then again, I am a handsome devil... ::

And?? Any report for the Nightlife Section or Story Section?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe in fate, if ones are to be together, ones will meet.

But you can influence your fate! If I hadn't learn thai I couldn't have court my girlfriend.

Best regards

Here is an anecdote about one possibility.

A couple of years ago, I was at customs at Don Muang, on my way to Malaysia. Noticed that the customs official of my queue and her neighbour (both quite cute) were wearing 'trainee' badges, with their instructor (a well-preserved lady in her 30s) looking on.

When I reached the front of the queue, the conversation went something like this:

' Why are you going to Malaysia?'

'Wedding'

'Your own?' (giggles from her and her neighbour)

'No, just a friend's'

'Are you married?'

'Not yet, no time, are YOU?'

At that point, the instructor moved to intervene, and I worried that we would all be told off. Nothing could be further from the truth, she just helpfully added:

' She, she and me, all not married' ::

Not being quick-minded enough, I just wished them all good luck and good husbands, and left.

Thinking back now, I obviously missed a trick or three there. Just the thought of three cute customs officials in uniform...

Ah well :)

ib13 said:

yes you sure missed out, but I'm sure you're not alone - I know I always tend to miss out on 'random' opportunities like these!

so was that your fate for a lifetime or when will you be back to customs next?

I will be back there next week, actually, all dolled up, with my best hopeful smile :)

Tonnes of ways to meet women other than the damn bars.. Here are some experiences that I noticed

- Internet ( 50%- ICQ, Thailand friends) ( 1 married, 1 engaged, others dating)

- worked together ( 25%) ( Married-me)

- He was her diving instructor

-He was her ESL teacher

-They studied together overseas ( Married )

- She ( farang) was his boss ( Married with kids)

- Met at a Christmas Party ( Engaged)

- Met on a backpacker trip in Thailand

- Met on a Train in Holland adn found out they were living near each other in London ( married)

The internet tends to get some dudes but does work if you take your time and find the right women. I have only METone successful marriage of a Bar-Girl Relationship ( A board member here- Married with a kid)

I think a key for the relationship is if you have something in common and met that way ( diving, internet (computers), travelling, same job) It just builds for a stronger relationship than "you buy me cola"

lazyphil said:

Those girls with no internet savey or clue (money) about agencys or are at school/holidays overseas in falangland or tg friends already involved with falangs to connect them....how do they meet a falang spouse to be?....I think it would have been impossible to meet my Mrs outside a bar, I never visit factorys on my holidays.

Some one asked a very successful bank robber (before he got caught of course) here why he robbed banks. He said 'because that's where the money is'.

If a TG wants to meet falangs she has go where the falangs are. Whether that happens to be the net, bars, become a barber, friends who know falangs, etc. If they are not internet savvy, they need to learn. Network. They could live in the middle of a farm in an isolated province and still network.

I also agree on fate. You never know who you may end up falling in love with (that TG could end up in love with a good Thai man instead) or how you fall in love (bars, internet, by chance).

If she's walking around in an Arsenal shirt, has a nice smile and is overheard saying she has a taste for chocolate and it gets mistaken to be for a person and not candy, she could end up with a certain yank husband...by chance. ::

Guest lazyphil

WYD I grant you your examples are very credible (a few of them are totally unrealistic to many tgs, studying overseas, learning to drive, computer skills, partying in England, chance meetings on dutch trains to name a few but to a Thai girl working in the middle of nowhere picking rice or a girl working long shifts in a factory or dept store far from falang areas I would say going to the bars is a good idea.

Archived