Muy THai Boxing stuff....

Old Hippie

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks! Great Link! I just started after a few too many years away from Martial arts. Did Tae Kwon Do for years, can still kick, but this is radically different, and a lot of fun, and is actually geared toward serious training as well! So far so good...but don't expect me to be dressing like a katoey and winning national titles anytime soon... :)

Check the sois behind the national stadium. The one just to the right off Mall Boon Klong. Can be seen off the Skytrain Station "National Stadium", so you know what direction I am on about. You continue about 150 mts after the stadium and turn left into the soi. There will be several shops.

As for brands, I recommend Windy or Twins. Good heavy duty leather, not balloon gloves.

Have fun,

Pharcyde

Both the main stadiums in BKK have Twins outlets, which tend to be as good as they get. A lot of the stuff on stalls on Suk is shite.

Don't be fooled into buying the Thai style tie up groin protectors, the elastecated ones favoured in the west are a lot better.

If you really are after the best gloves there's a brand with "W" on them which can be a bit hard to find and are a little expensive, but worth the extra money. Mainly sold at gyms. Try Sor Vorapin, the Chakropong end of Khao Sarn

Cheers

Good to know there's real stuff to be found. It never ceases to amaze me ALL the thai boxing shorts I've seen sold on the street have a big square in the front in English writing that says "Thai boxing". Everytime I see people looking at them, they naturally want to know where to find the ones that don't have that and thus have to settle for the un-authentic look or they just don't buy.

Twins Special Co., Ltd.

Tel:+(662) 813-8433-9

Fax: +(662) 813-8282

Email: twins@samart.co.th

http://www.twinsspecial.com

Lumpini Boxing Stadium Showroom

Tel:+66-02/655-8240

Fax: +66-02/251-9689

Fairtex Equipment Co., Ltd.

Tel:+66-02/385-5148~9

Fax: +66-02/385-5403

Email: info@fairtexbkk.com

http://www.fairtexbkk.com

>>>...any ideas on prices at the places near National stadium? <<<

the last time i shopped there a few years ago it was mainly cheap locally made stuff on offer.

Archived