How to fix a broken relationship with a Thai girl.

MaakSiDa

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My fiancee: 20, very childish, somewhat lazy (her dad does all the housework at home!), studies Human Resources (because her parents want her to)...

I am living in Thailand since 2.5 years, am a teacher too, but my private contacts to the local people aren't very good. I have to plan many things in order to live in Thailand, but my g/f never tells me when

she comes "home"... I think it is most important what you feel for her. Go for it if you love her.

Maybe lazy is cause she is allowed to?

Good luck!

naiv said:

You don't get to drive a car off a lot without commitment, so a woman is more than a car, why no commitment?

:bow: :bow:

So you compare women with cars? Then I have no chance, because I don't have any knowledge about cars.

Best regards

Naiv

Naiv, sometimes I have nightmares about me driving a car. I have never done it in my life, and will never. Thats job for wife!

Cheers!

MaakSiDa said:

As she was holding her mobile tight in her hand, I innocently asked her whether she wanted to hug me or her damn phone (rather than putting it on a nearby table).

Hearing this she got real angry and said 'the phone', and "I love my mom...", and left me!! What did I do?? Did I say something stupid? Do we guys have to share

our fiancee's affection nowadays with the mobile phones?

In the situation you just described, I defintely wouldn`t have made an issue out of the phone.

Bad move, she comes to see you for whatever reason and you complain about her cluthing her cell phone?

I see thai people wai while holding their cell phone in their hands all the time, I wouldn`t have made that an issue especially under these circumstances.

Anyway, I am all with Old Hippie on this although you may not want to hear this. Been there got the T-shirt as well.

:(

This is not the end of the world although you may think that way right now, haven`t we all been there at some time or another...

And yes, we did feel like shit, but it wasn`t the end of the world as it turned out. And as it will turn out for you too!! Believe me!

And you are like 35 years old?

Wow, you have a lot of good things coming to you, just give it some time.

Wish you all the best.

Cheers

Michael

One reason could be, that I complained the other day about her childish behaviour; I screamed at her because I was really upset about some things, but I didn't hit her

I think the answer lies in your previous post, you have obviously scared her to death with your childish tantrum when things were not going your way. I would assume she has discussed this with her mother and now her mother is also afraid for her daughters well being and would rather see the back of you. If you had screamed threats at a daughter of mine you would have had more than my passive displeasure to contend with!

After reading all your posts regarding your current predicament it appears to me, you seem to have a rather controlling / possessive attitude towards her, to say the least, and prone to verbal tantrums or emotional blackmail when you don't get your own way e.g. (I told her several times 'that our relationship is over', if she leaves) That sort of response is not exactly a mature attitude for a 35 year old to adopt, is it? It is more like the childish behaviour you would expect from a love sick adolescent. I think you have much to learn about relationships, remember, if they don't work for both of you they don't work for either of you, and you can't force someone to want to be with you however much you may want them to. I think your relationship is as broken as Humpty Dumpty, you need to learn the lessons and move on and maybe on again until you find someone who shares the same needs and affections as yourself. Most of the 20 year olds I have ever known, were still children at heart, more into partying and hanging out with their peers, than playing happy families.

pe7e said:

...I would assume she has discussed this with her mother and now her mother is also afraid for her daughters well being and would rather see the back of you. If you had screamed threats at a daughter of mine you would have had more than my passive displeasure to contend with!

After reading all your posts regarding your current predicament it appears to me, you seem to have a rather controlling / possessive attitude towards her, to say the least, and prone to verbal tantrums or emotional blackmail when you don't get your own way e.g. (I told her several times 'that our relationship is over', if she leaves) That sort of response is not exactly a mature attitude for a 35 year old to adopt, is it? It is more like the childish behaviour you would expect from a love sick adolescent...

Yes, that was me, Mr. Lovesick(!), if it is an explanation... Also, I am the foreigner in this country, having all the hassles with the visas, work permits, locals (while she has the "easy" student life...)

Anyway, thanks to the very valuable and kind advice by all of you guys, I am back together with her now, having called and met her the next day at a neutral place. She said that she 'had too much in her head/a bad day' on that day... That's why she ran away after only one hour. A happy end after all!

Both of us are trying to get the "upper hand" in the relationship now... (I really want to keep the pants on here!)

It turned out well, after all, so I am richer in experience, willing to give advice to others in the same situation. I'm still puzzled, though, what the recipe is for a successful long-term farang/Thai relationship, the dominance of the Westerner or of the Thai partner?

>>>what the recipe is for a successful long-term farang/Thai relationship, the dominance of the Westerner or of the Thai partner? <<<

what about a partnership where both sides recognise and accept the other's expertise in particular fields, slowly grow together by learning from each other?

flyonzewall said:

>>>what the recipe is for a successful long-term farang/Thai relationship, the dominance of the Westerner or of the Thai partner? <<<

what about a partnership where both sides recognise and accept the other's expertise in particular fields, slowly grow together by learning from each other?

Sounds good in theory, but how about real-life examples?

Archived