Do falang men perceive Thai ladies as equals?

In falang land, women are viewed as equals with men. Is this true of falang men viewing Thai ladies as equals? In a relationship, does she get equal vote or is she looked like women were about 150 years ago in falangland?

Is she looke at more as a servant, possibly sex servant, or as a partner?

Is she allowed to prepare food the way she wants or does she cook what you want?

It should be interesting to see what feed back there is on these questions.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"red"] She's my other half and as equal as it can possibly get.

[/color]

That is the way it is supposed to be Zaad, but not all men are so.

Many men subconciously marry for certain convenince in life and women also do that. The ones who truely find their partners as equals are really lucky ones.

By the way my mother always tells me to make Hubby feel like a king or at least make him think so, ok? :) By the way I can be the queen while he is a king! :D

Jasmine

[color:"red"]In falang land, women are viewed as equals with men. Is this true of falang men viewing Thai ladies as equals? In a relationship, does she get equal vote or is she looked like women were about 150 years ago in falangland?

[/color]

Allow me to express my opinion on the Western concept of "equality" in the mind of Western women that I have known. Most of them are talking about equal pay, equal respect and many of them got that mixed up inside a relationship. There is no such thing as "equal" on everything, IMO, it is just the matter of perception.

What really ruins a relationship is tit-for-tat from each partner, IMO. No such things as 50% at all times.

Jasmine

>By the way my mother always tells me to make Hubby feel like a king or at least make him think so, ok? By the way I can be the queen while he is a king!

I don't believe in such equality. There is always one-part dominance. Sometimes a woman but more often it's a man.

Or it may only look like that: im my former homeland the saying goes - "man is the head of the family, the woman is the neck that swings the head around".

i put women on a pedastal.

after all who else would clean the house,cook the meals,go to the shop to buy the Beer while i slobbily sit if front of the TV surfing through the channels?..... :grinyes:

if you don't treat them right then the above things will not happen....... :doah:

and do not forget the icing on the cake,allowing a drunken man to do what he wants with her in the way of sex...... :bow:

only joking Jasmine.

in the past i may have been a bit guilty of treating women i have been involved with in a not particular good way.

but now i am in middle-age and have been with my Filipino GF for around a Year,she is definately my EQUAL.

anything we do is a joint decision and the relationship works so well.

i would never ask her to do anything i wouldn't do myself and i like to think i have grown up and learnt some things.

both sexes come into this world equal and that is the way it should remain....... :beer:

I consider us as partners going through live together. Are we equal??? Not really. We both have different roles in this relationship. There are certain things I am better at (deciding on how to remodel the house, picking cars, retirement and financial planning ) and I have about 90% of the say. She is better at dealing with the locals, vacation time activities etc and she has most of the say when it comes to these things.

So as a team we bring our best traits to the table and I will not have a say in her duties and she lets me make the decisions on mine.

MM,

you are pretty funny. Obviously, you are cooking for her at least 50% of the time. Does she allow you to cook what you want or do you take orders?

Yes, thai women fit nicely into traditional roles so we do not have the role confusion we see in the west. Are we don't object to them taking these roles and would say many are over here because of the traditional we both fulfill.

Are they equal? Probably not because we take the better roles and it is done on purpose (called control)....

Respect and equality are two different animals. I amsure there were some slave owners who treated their slaves decently or at least compassioante but still within a have/have not structure. You are only going to have equality when you have two parties who have similar socio-econ backgrounds, cognitive abilities, marketable skills and leverage with the same advantages and disadvantages...

Cardinalblue

Cardinalblue said

"you are pretty funny. Obviously, you are cooking for her at least 50% of the time. Does she allow you to cook what you want or do you take orders?"

Actually what I said was

"Is she allowed to prepare food the way she wants or does she cook what you want?"

The reason for saying this is that I have seen too many couples in which she cooks his food and then she cooks her food. In some cases, she cooks his food and has to eat his food. Recently one Thai lady told me that Falangs like to spend big money eating at J.W. Marriott and the Landmark. She finished the conversationby saying the food at both places is terrible. Toa Thai, it probably is. To a falang, it is good food.

When it comes to food, what type of compromises are made? And in what other areas are there compromises?

Some Thai ladies I know claim they are justing buying out their time in the relationship. As one said, she stays with the drunk because he will die soon.

Archived