Do falang men perceive Thai ladies as equals?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Equal? Hell no!! Whether they be Thai or Falang. That equal stuff is nonsense. I know of very few human relationships comprised of equality. Someone is always in a superior position.

I do RESPECT the women I am involved with for what they bring to the table. I don't consider them equals though.

This question is like asking "Is an elephant or good?"

It depends on how you look at it. The relationship between two individuals depends way more on the indiviudals involved than what part of the world they come from. Do you thing we are all bigots?

Sometimes my wife is boss, sometimes I am, and it has little or nothing to do with our respective counties of origin. I am older, and wiser, and therefore command respect! Well...older, anyway.

Guest lazyphil

<<You will be surprised that 2 persons from different countries can have similar family background, education and values, dear CB. It happens to me and Hubby and a few couple I have met here.>>

True, my dad drove heavy goods vehicles for several years, so did my mrs dad, we both left school at the ripe age of 16 too, incredible!

Guest lazyphil

<<Many girls from low economic backgrounds just perceive in those environments themselves "as a fish out of water". >>

In LOS I agree, outside a different ball game, ime/o

Equal? Hell no!! Someone is always in a superior position.

I do RESPECT the women I am involved with for what they bring to the table. I don't consider them equals though.

It sounds like superiority crap to me. Perhaps that's the way you (and/or others) 'control' a relationship but not in my house. At least not that I'm aware of :)

Anyway, I'd appreciate to hear some examples (from you JJ or others with similar pov) why you believe someone is always in a superior position.

in any healthy relationship hirarchies consistenly change depending on experitise in particular areas. no partner can be dominant throughout. if that is not recognised by both partners, there will be problems.

Hi MM,

The reason for saying this is that I have seen too many couples in which she cooks his food and then she cooks her food. In some cases, she cooks his food and has to eat his food.

I have a number of farang friends living in thai relationships. Most of them are actually very pleased to have thai food on a regular basis as am I.

I don`t see the wives cooking 2 sets of meals (farang and thai) unless there are children involved who don`t fancy the spicy stuff.

My wife cooks very spicy lao food and not the kind you will find in restaurants, more like village style.

I am sure that you are familiar with that concept.

She was brought up with this kind of food and she sees no reason to change her eating habits. Fair enough.

Only problem is that I have to prepare separate meals for the kids as they cannot eat the food that she likes.

So just about every meal we have consists of thai/lao and farang food. But rest assured that she wont be cooking up the meal for the kids.

Actually, rather annoying with a double household like this, leaves the kitchen in a huge mess every time :(

But she doesn`t compromise and the kids cannot cope with her food and I am left in the middle and the only one who can eat all of it.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Guest lazyphil

Just yesterday we had a roast dinner at my parents house, pork, roast spuds, the works, and she LOVES it, if she didn't she wouldn't eat it pure and simple (she prefers roast lamb though), she cooks up spicey food all the time also which I love and so do my parents when they come round. When we returned from Austria last week visiting friends the first thing she wanted was me to make a pot of nicely stewed tea English style, thats my girl!

jasmine,

In these posts, there are always incomplete or partial answers given due to time restraints...

let me finish this one then. I am firm believer of diversity between racial, ethnic and other nationalities as mates given that they have similar socio-econ and value and belief systems. I never implied within one nationality or one race in my previous comments.

As a matter of fact, i believe they can and usually do exceed one nationality relationships. My thoughts are based on the cultural diversity and the dynamics that these relationships have and they will tend to be less boring than their stable counterparts.

I have much more in common with thais of the same socio-econ background as myself and gravitate towards them clearly over other soci-econ classes from my own nationality. While I might not completely understand some of the cultural differences, these are much easier to overcome (due to transparency) than social-econ and value/belief systems which pretty much stay with us all of our lives and thus incomaptibilites with other socio-econ classes remain constant.....

cardinalblue

Archived