How long does is take for a diamond to wear off?

bushpilot

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AF16 said:
There was also some great insight throughout this thread. thanks. business idea:

Perhaps there is a market for a school on the art of being punter#1?

Congratulation. Perhaps soon you will have taken the final step and can tell about how you ?broke inn? a 18 year old girl and crushed her dreams so that she can become a good cynical money collector. Heck, perhaps you could even get her to lick inside your anus?

Are you sure you want to become a cynical analytic punter nr 1?

I'm not sure I'd wish to carry it to that extreme. Perhaps there exists a more balanced reality.

A buddy gave me Morgan Lake's book on "love, sex and trust".(published in Phuket)

He makes some very interesting observations regarding the four rooms of a traditional thai woman's heart. "see hong hua jai".

One room for mother and father, one room for family, one room for you, and one room for herself.

They aren't "wired" for the "all or nothing" western romantic idealized love we have perhaps wrongfully learned to expect.

This four room approach seems sustainable. The western romantic is a tragedy in the making. He also makes the point of how the western notion of romance is worshiped and held up as something attainable only to makes us miserable when we fail to achieve it..

Anyway reading that helped put some perspective into how some of these women think and may help strike a measure between punter#1 and punter #2.

BP - i'm not sure why you think that is a great story. The guy's relationship/arrangement with his girl is fine for him. I suspect you are looking for more substance in yours. And that guy seems to be confused about why his girl stays with him.

AF16 has a point. Why try to be a punter #1, especially if its not your style.

What I like about it is that it's pragmatic. I think I'm learning that "my style" is a bit dopy in practice and hasn't really achieved the desired results. Seems to lead one to drinking too much.

My buddy's girl has taken an interest and is in the process of importing or match-making me a nice gal from upcountry. I'll give that a whirl! ::

As I said you can rationalize everyting, _ if _ you want to.

That is the importaint part, what you want.

If you find something that works for you, by all means, it's your life. Just make sure it's what you really want.

It's a long way from not accepting 'western all or nothing romance' and being a punter/BG. But granted there are punters and there are punters, and there are BG's and there are BB's.

Being on this BB one do tend to look at reality diffrently and it's not nessecarely a good thing. One could get caught up in it, taking one step at the time untill you find your self in a place you could never had imagined at the start of the journey.

All I'm saying is that it might be a good idea to choose where you want to go before you start on your merry way. Take controll.

You might still end up in the same place, but how you travelled would be diffrent.

you might still end up in the same place, but how you travelled would be different

I guess that is key. Enjoying the ride so to speak. I like the learning process. And not really knowing which branch of the river to follow, and not following the mainstream. Being lost is fun sometimes. Like trying to find your way out of the "medina" in Fez, or wandering around bkk till you're lost.

[color:"red"] What I find really remarkable about all this is how a reasonably intelligent guy can be so stupid. We get sucked in so easily.

[/color]

We women feel the same way about the "intelligent guys" :neener::hug:

On a serious note, being intelligent, especially in a Western sense is no match for Thai women, sorry to say (I will be clobbered for what I tell you guys on this board one day). Western and an average Thai men are much different, especially the Thai men on grass-roots level, and I assume that these BG and Massage girls are more used to (forgive me for the assumption if I were wrong). I find the Western men are more gentle and generous, from what I have observed for I don't know Thai men well except my friends who are considerred to be "above average educated" and my lawyer brother, of course.

Some would argue that the Western men are more generous because of the income comparing to Thai men, however, IMO, no matter what ones have, if the hearts are not in giving, there would be none. ::

I just think in your case, the woman was shocked with your kindness/generousity that she felt like exploring you a bit more. Then she might have found out that you are not really her type, nothing different than the women in the West, just took 20K Baht, that was all. On another note, wining and dining the women in the West costs just about the same thing, no? :dunno:

Jasmine

I don't begrudge her the money at all. Like I said I can afford a $500.00 fling once in a while. I acknowledge it was an "asshole" move. Using money to manipulate. But like you said she could have said sorry "this too much", I wonder if anyone has heard those words?

I'm as I'm writing this I'm getting new sms messages.

more later. BP

>>being intelligent, especially in a Western sense is no match for Thai women, sorry to say<<

Jas, if you are saying educated western men in general are no match, I agree with you. Your next statement intrigued me:

>>Western and an average Thai men are much different, especially the Thai men on grass-roots level, and I assume that these BG and Massage girls are more used to <<

No doubt that thai girls see differences between your average thai guys and farang guys, would be interesting to know what those differences are. Not just the superficial differences in educ and wealth but the real differences in personalities and approach to relationships.

Archived