Regarding Press Censorship

Khun_Kong

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we just restrict ourselves to some of the mainstream media outlets and by that i mean the CNNs and Fox etc i think we can end up with a very narrow view of news events.

However there are newspapers and writers for some newspapers and magazines that do give a more balanced view of the news and these sources are available in the western media it is just that they often do not have the coverage or support of some of the so called mainstream media outlets.

I see some of these mainstream outlets as being rather equivalent to the fast food Macdonalds type version of world events.

Unfortunately many people do not seek out alternative views or news as it requires a little bit of extra work and indeed it requires people to think and heaven forbid to actually read.

i think it is even counterproductive to the accumulation of knowledge and understanding to watch those fast food type senders.

watching those we just get filled up with raw data, but without the necessary analyses to process that data. what we get is nothing than a whole amount of useless pseudo knowledge, especially when 5 minute "analyses" are presented which generally leave out the far more important background facts of history and culture.

i have serious difficulties how fox can be called journalism, or newsmedia. it is pure government propaganda, and openly so.

CNN is IMO greyline, at least sometimes they tend towards a bit of objectivity. ;)

somehow looking back, one of the key moments where the mass medias have started failing our democracies was the first gulf war, and then particularly with that media theatric beach invasion of somalia. from then onwards it all just went downhill.

the transcripsts of the so called "presidential debates" during the last elections (nops, i don't want to insult my intelligence by actually watching them ;) ) were a sham. how can that careful dance avoiding all frictions and facts be called debates, and even by the massmedias marketed as important "events", given worldwide life coverage and prime space?!

flyonzewall said:

well, see it like this - our FIGJAM here is a perfect product and real-life example of the increasing censorship of the easily accessible western medias. ;)

Fly, you are even more entertaining than I remembered! :bow:

So I am talking, in this and in the other closed thread, about the things not shown by those politically corrected mainstream "easily accessible western medias" and I am the perfect product of those?!! LMAO! :applause:

The real perfect products of Western mass media are those ignorant morons who are "instructed to think" by those very mass media that Americans are depriving Iraqis of the freedom they were previously enjoying under Saddam (which those media don't show) or that it's an inacceptable crime against the humanity that of the US soldier who has shot an Islamic extremist in Iraq (just after several of his colleagues were murdered by Islamic extremists pretending to be dead or wounded just like the one killed, BTW) while ignoring the ethnic wars in tribal Africa that have killed hundreds the very same day (again because those media don't show them)...

Whenever and for whatever reason the US move (just in recent years: Somalia, Kossovo, Iraq, Afghanistan) it starts the outcry from the idiots (Pope included) raving about the "Peace"© as if the world is normally a peaceful place and nothing is going on until the US start one of their wars...

Nobody gives a flying fuck about the children, the women, the poor, the weaklings daily slaughtered and abused everywhere in the world (unless of course the perpetrators are Westerners, preferably Americans and white) exactly because your "easily accessible western medias" don't talk about them!

There are ethnic tribal conflicts that last years and kill millions in Africa but we only take notice of them when the US tries to do something (which invariably gets criticized) about them like in Somalia, or Kossovo...

As I've before written: how many times your "easily accessible western medias" have shown men having their hands cut off in Saudi Arabia or Congo or woman having their faces being burnt with acid or being stoned to death in Talibans' Afghanistan or Iran or Ruanda or being infibulated in Somalia or children being raped in "pagan" rituals or underage slave sex sold to locals all over Asia or the black Africans killed by the thousends at a time by other black Africans for race/religion issues etc etc? Not to talk about things done in China or the former USSR involving the life of millions of human beings or big "black holes" like North Korea whose citizens' everyday misery is totally unknown/unshown to us...

As much as you and ALHOLK probably like to think of yourselves like the clever independent thinkers who see through the bullshit the riff-raff are buying into YOU are the ones actually believing the shit you are being (and not being as I have tried to show you) fed by the PC mainstream media...

In the "western world" (with the only big exception of most of the US), the IN thing is being anti-Bush and anti-"American" wars, don't you know it?

P.S. What you are the product of, is nicely shown by your sign... :up:

FIGJAM said:

The real perfect products of Western mass media are those ignorant morons who are "instructed to think" by those very mass media that Americans are depriving Iraqis of the freedom they were previously enjoying under Saddam ... while ignoring the ethnic wars in tribal Africa that have killed hundreds the very same day (again because those media don't show them)...

1. [color:"purple"] [/color] No, the real perfect products are those ignorant morons who despite having facts placed in front of them still don't see or think that their own government is capable of anything untoward. Doesn't feel nice to be one of the bad guys. [color:"purple"] [/color]

Nobody gives a flying fuck about the children, the women, the poor, the weaklings daily slaughtered and abused everywhere in the world

2. [color:"orange"] [/color] Some people do. Clearly not certain governments. Or why kill civilians? [color:"orange"] [/color]

There are ethnic tribal conflicts that last years and kill millions in Africa but we only take notice of them when the US tries to do something (which invariably gets criticized) about them like in Somalia, or Kossovo...

3. [color:"red"] [/color] Many people who approved western involvement in genuine humanitarian crises of recent times do not approve the aggression in Iraq. [color:"red"] [/color]

As I've before written: how many times your "easily accessible western medias" have shown men having their hands cut off in Saudi Arabia or Congo or woman having their faces being burnt with acid or being stoned to death in Talibans' Afghanistan or Iran or Ruanda or being infibulated in Somalia or children being raped in "pagan" rituals or underage slave sex sold to locals all over Asia or the black Africans killed by the thousends at a time by other black Africans for race/religion issues etc etc? Not to talk about things done in China or the former USSR involving the life of millions of human beings or big "black holes" like North Korea whose citizens' everyday misery is totally unknown/unshown to us...

4. [color:"blue"] [/color] Could the reason why the caring, sharing western governments haven't intervened in the countries you mention yet be due to the fact that they don't have an abundance of oil? Or is it that the western governments liberating Iraq will get around to freeing the world when they've deal with the mess they've created in Iraq? What, surely you don't think they don't actually belive all the crap they spout to the home crowd about liberating people from oppressors? Nah, couldn't be. [color:"blue"] [/color]

The real perfect products of Western mass media are those ignorant morons who are "instructed to think" by those very mass media that Americans are depriving Iraqis of the freedom they were previously enjoying under Saddam (which those media don't show) or that it's an inacceptable crime against the humanity that of the US soldier who has shot an Islamic extremist in Iraq (just after several of his colleagues were murdered by Islamic extremists pretending to be dead or wounded just like the one killed

So, just just proved your own brainwashing and how 'not' to react on a public board......

On one hand an American soldier just "shoots" an Iraqi, whereas Iraqis just "murder" Americans .......

Nice lesson of objectivity here.....

Thanks for the lesson in free press :bow:

BB

FIGJAM said:
Khun_Kong said:So, how does this relate to the topic at hand: press censorship?

In the same way as the ALHOLK's comment does.

Funny you ask ME that since I was merely replying to his OT comment, I can only guess you liked his comment and disliked mine...

P.S. Also interesting how you felt compelled to take note of my reply to an OT comment of a third person but you haven't deemed opportune to acknowledge my IT reply to YOUR original article of this thread...

No need to be so offended, Fig.

I meant for both quotes to be included- just easier to quote you, which showed both posts (you and Alkie's).

Want to try to keep this thread ontrack, so it doesn't shut down.

Good "semi-documentary" about FOX, called "Out-Foxxed". From a left viewpoint, but I think makes many/mostly valid statement about the lack of journalistic standards at FOX News.

International Herald Tribune on-line would be a good read for many Amerikans. Most of my comments are directed Stateside, because that is where my experience is. As I said at the top, even my close friends seem remarkably ill-informed lately, almost as though some drug has been added to their water!

What other sources have people found to be more credible than FOX/CNN type outlets?

Anybody think the media in their own country is wide-open honest and revealing?

are you talking about the numerous ethnic wars in africa which to a large part a a consequence of the agressive western politics of colonialism, the cold war interferences, such as installing brutal dictatorships, and after the collapse subsequent apathy of western governments?

yeah, i know of them.

and yeah, somalia, i know of that. the somalia that had a brief period of relative piece, during which the leaders begged to have a UN help. that same UN that at the time was a bit too busy to defend US oil interests in the kuwaiti "democracy". hmmm. yeah, very humanitarian...

and the completely botched far too late somalia engagement, thousands of dead in that completely incompetent black hawk down incident. have you read the account? a few soldiers were sent into a combatzone based on insufficient intelligence, not enough water and equipment, and no alternative escape plans. brilliant, the rescue action cost thousands of somalis, civilians and combattants, their lifes, and made any further engagement impossible.

the only thing your beloved US is able to is to botch things up because of their short term isiolationist interests, and then, when the shit hits the fan, or when it is in the US economical interests, to bomb the shit of everybody. ever talked with some recent afghanisthan war veterans about the US conduct? how many incidents when bombers were called on some village because they had some wedding party and some incompetent groundforce did not know that it is traditional to shoot in the air. far more incidents along those lines than you can read in the media, i can assure you that.

you see, history is not singular events that can be suited around your personal little delusions. history is a continuum of actions and reactions.

the job of the media is to report about incidents independently, and as unbiased as possible. the job of a human is to inform himself from as many sources as possible, including history books, before forming his/her opinions.

the reason that i am utterly tired of talking with you is that you only come up with the same old warmongering, intercepted by racist crap, the same old infantile shortsighted kneejerk explanations. as long as your posts are nothing else than a repetition of the same old boring shite, i just see no reason to treat you any different than a fucking troll who is only out to get interesting threads closed.

so, just fuck off. i am out of that potentially interesting thread here.

Sukhumvit said:

1. No, the real perfect products are those ignorant morons who despite having facts placed in front of them still don't see or think that their own government is capable of anything untoward. Doesn't feel nice to be one of the bad guys.

To use your words, I have placed some other facts in front of you yet you still don't see or think that other governments/nations/cultures other than the American are capable of things infinitely worse than killing an Islamic extremist fighter...

2. Some people do. Clearly not certain governments. Or why kill civilians?

Most of the people don't even know about them, that was my point!

And that's why we are all concerned about the freedom of the Iraqis "mined" by the Americans instead of the real issues, of what really goes on in the world...

The mainstream media circus is busy (succesfully) feeding you with shocking stories of evil Americans bringing death and destruction in once peaceful Iraq to show you what really goes on everyday in other "peaceful" Asian and African countries...

3. Many people who approved western involvement in genuine humanitarian crises of recent times do not approve the aggression in Iraq.

So what? That was not my point at all.

I'm saying that there are many "humanitarian crises" happening right fucking now which get ignored by the politically corrected mainstream media (and consequently by the folks like you who rely on them to form their outlook and their vision of the world) because they are too busy showing us how bad we westerners and, especially, they Americans are...

4. Could the reason why the caring, sharing western governments haven't intervened in the countries you mention yet be due to the fact that they don't have an abundance of oil?

??? Are you sure you have understood what I was talking about when I wrote:

how many times your "easily accessible western medias" have shown men having their hands cut off in Saudi Arabia or Congo or woman having their faces being burnt with acid or being stoned to death in Talibans' Afghanistan or Iran or Ruanda or being infibulated in Somalia or children being raped in "pagan" rituals or underage slave sex sold to locals all over Asia or the black Africans killed by the thousends at a time by other black Africans for race/religion issues etc etc? Not to talk about things done in China or the former USSR involving the life of millions of human beings or big "black holes" like North Korea whose citizens' everyday misery is totally unknown/unshown to us...

And, in any way, why should the caring, sharing western governments intervene in other countries/nations/cultures' normal everyday life since all cultures are (like you surely believe) equal and our values and principles are not any better than other cultures' values and principles (just different)??

A bit of a contradiction, isn't it?..

Alas your politically corrected masters (the ones that told you the Americans intervened in Kossovo, in Afghanistan and in Somalia for the oil) don't explain that, do they?

BelgianBoy said:So, just just proved your own brainwashing

Since you have been able to so clearly recognize my brainwashing, would you care to enlighten me as to who/what brainwashed me since my way of thinking and my opinions (as opposed to yours, I might add) are not exactly the ones being conveyed by the mainstream media circus nor any particular government/faction/sect/religion/whatever that I know of...

and how 'not' to react on a public board......

I must be following bad examples here...

On one hand an American soldier just "shoots" an Iraqi, whereas Iraqis just "murder" Americans .......

Nice lesson of objectivity here.....

I should rather give reading lessons, it seems...

In the same exact sentence that you quoted I wrote that an "Islamic extremist in Iraq" (BTW not rarely NOT EVEN IRAQI) was killed by a US soldier.

Once US soldiers start laying around in civilian clothes pretending to be dead or wounded and killing those coming to their help or start hiding among civilians using women and children as human shields or start making themselves explode among the Islamic extremists they are fighting against happily slaughtering Iraqi civilian passersby I will call them vile murderers as well.

Thanks for the lesson in free press :bow:

... and thank you for the lesson in factiousness :bow:

Archived