Abusive RT help, Center for the Pacific-Asian Fam

jasmine

Center for the Pacific-Asian Family (CPAF)

This is a non-profit organizations created to help Asian and Pacific wives and children. The volunteers and staff (with not so high pays) are trained to help the women and children who have domestic abuse.

The CPAF?s mission is to build healthy and safe communities by addressing the root causes and consequences of family violence and violence against women. CPAF is committed to meeting the specific cultural and language needs of Asian Pacific Islander women and their families.

There many women who seek the places for help. From the records, they are Vietnamese, Thais, Filipinos, South Indians, Laotians, Hmongs Tribe people, Chinese, Koreans.

Cases shared:

Case 1: A Thai woman came to the center with her 16 and 14 year old sons. It was the 16 yr. son who took the family to the CPAF in Los Angeles, CA, on a greyhound bus from Arizona with $10 in their pockets. The father was an engineer, white American who abused the mother (a Thai with HS education, worked as a cashier in a beer bar in Pattaya, not a prostitute) for the past 16 years, married for 20 years. The oldest son could not stand it any more so he took her to the center. The husband, when he drank, has beaten her and, worse of all, loved to swing a pistol around and once in a while put it on her head, just to show who was the boss. The woman was a wreck; the oldest son could not take it any more when his younger brother (the 14 yr. old) started hitting the mother too. The end of this case was, the mother was sent back to Thailand for that was what she wanted and the 2 sons are with a foster home.

Case 2: A Filipino woman and an American husband who loves Thai food. Sent the wife to learn how to cook Thai food so she cooked him ?Tom Yum Kung? ? Thai hot shrimp soup. He didn?t like, threw the hot soup at her face, followed by fists and feet, she went to ask the center for help.

Case 3: A Hmong tribe with the same tribe husband. The husband felt that to keep the wife in a good shape, she must be beaten regularly, the more loved, the more often a wife should be beaten.

Ok, will post other cases later, now I am off to make some croissant, must concentrate, don?t want to be thrown back at my face. ::

Jasmine

Jas,

You and I have discussed this before, but how the hell do assholes like this get women to marry them, and other guys have no lucka t all in relationships...? Not talking about myself of course...I can get dates, I'm not gay, so get those thoughts out of your head...! :) But this is just something that really irks me, why do women seem to go for assholes...?

why do women seem to go for assholes...?

----------------------------

I think the question is why do they stick to them? I think we can start answering the question once we ask ourselves why we stuck with that or other girls, in our lives. When we could hear our friends lucid opinions or see them rolling their eyes, actually even agree with them, then give her a call and keep hoping she will love, respect, change for us.....

People who go thru that, adding up more suffering than is worth, think it's their lot, they deserve it, that's the way it is, period. And in the case of guys and unrequited or abusive love, they might very well enjoy the pain.

I mean, I did... :hubba: :help:

Probably one reason wht women marry these type of men is they may not really know who they really are till later. Those that know what they are, claim when they get married they will change for the better - a joke.

It would be interesting to find out what percentage of falangs that come to Thailand really are not marriage material?

There should be a test, (i.e. ask a few questions, etc.) that would enable a woman to weed out the undesirables.

But then we could say the same things about Thai women - how many of them that falangs see that are marriage material?

[color:"red"] Those that know what they are, claim when they get married they will change for the better - a joke.

[/color]

Many of women believe we can change men, I agree with you, it is a joke. That being said, some people do change after a marriage and many for the better because we learn what works in our relationship. We do learn the arts to negotiate and convince and adapt and tolerate :o However, ones can change ONLY when ones want to.

I have changed, but please don't ask for better or worse, that would depend on Hubby's mood when asked. :o

Jasmine

Just another update on other cases:

- A Thai woman without proper visa was stabbed by a Mexican BF, she was very scared because of illegal entry to the USA. She waited instead of getting medical help, instead tried to go to the center. By the time she got to the center, it was too late. - this case occured in 2001.

- A part time student stayed with an older American man, she is 21 he was 65. From jealousy, he locked her up, once in a basement for 3 days without food or water. She seeked help and the man followed to the "safe house" and shot her dead.This case occured in 2000.

Jasmine

Archived