Scenes From the Moobarn

Hi,

Yep, a moo barn for me as well. Not too much problems with dogs, there are quite a few walking around, but most seem to be too lazy to do anything. I also think they sense that I am not at all afraid of them. Barking is a bit of a different issue though. In our little soi of the moo barn there are 4 houses, including ours, the house opposite of us has 3 dogs, as does the house next to us. The one at the beginning of the soi has only 1. All the dogs are outside and all of them bark at anything that moves. Luckily they recognize me now.

Neighbours. As mentioned by Phil, contact is very superficial. I have been living there for 8 months now and still don't know the names of any of the persons in the soi. I can't even tell you how many people live in 2 of the 3 houses.

What surprised me most of all in the moo barn was the complete lack of privacy. The houses are build so f&(@ing close to each other. If I stand in our kitchen I look into the dining room of the house behind us. From their 'backyard' they can look almost through our house.

For those that after reading all these stories think that it must suck to live in a moo barn, I would say that it does have it advantages as well. The area I live is covered with trees, lots of green, and it is hard too imagine that I live only 5 minutes away from one of Bangkok's biggest entertainment areas.

If only I had a bit more privacy, and Roger's 3 stunning girls as neighbours smile.gif" border="0

Sanuk!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Almost forgot, I had a story as well.

About 3 months ago we noticed a small wasp's nest in between the open window and musquito fence (?, the stuff that is in a window to keep the bugs out) in the spare bedroom. It was about the size of a clenched fist. Did not really pay it any attention, even though I did tell my wife we should get rid of it. She said no need, it isn't bothering anybody.

A month or so later, it was the size of a basketball, a big basketball. Again I told the missus that we should get an exterminator. Again same answer.

I forgot about it again, until some friends of my wife came by yet another month later. The husband saw it and was shocked, the nest was now easily 2 foot in diameter, and covered about 70-80% of the musquito fence. He too told my wife we should get rid of it, him of course she believed.

Luckily this guy knows a lot of people and that evening an exterminator came to get rid of it. Without any protective clothing, on his slippers, he closed the entrance and started spraying the thing with pesticide.

After about half an hour the noise inside died down, which is when he opened the musquito fence and we could have a look inside. There must have been at least 100 wasps in there, luckily all dead by now.

At this point I got the biggest surprise of the evening, when my wife's friend started saying what a shame it was to waste all those eggs. According to her they are a delicacy and would have fetched a fair price.

Sanuk!

• 1 year later...

Straycat,

Glad you are enjoying them. It just seems a shame to have them languish in the dustbin of time with only 15 or so reads. It seems few people go back and read the older stuff, which is a damn shame as there is a lot of great stories and reports still with much information and topics which are still current for the most part, and they are just such great reads. The board has grown a lot and I think these stories deserve another cycle for the readership.

Cent

>It seems few people go back and read the older stuff, which is a damn shame as there is a lot of great stories and reports still with much information and topics which are still current for the most part,<

i agree, and thanks for doing this. When you started reviving things a few months ago, I decided to do that with my Issaan Letters. I found that the second time around they in fact got more raders than first time.

Phoenix

8 weeks before next touchdown, and counting!

Archived