Kids and Western holidays

limbo

Hi,

My kiddo is almost 2 years now and I'ld like very much to have the standard Western holidays with my litle one, so she gets used to the Christmas tree, searching for eastern eggs etc.

At this moment I think she's too young to understand the various concepts, so I'm planning to start doing these things (buying a xmess tree etc) as of next year.

Any thoughts and ideas on this?

Hi

I think it is a great idea limbo! :bow:

Our son enjoyed putting up our tree (his first Christmas in OZ)...very much.

Btw...was talking to my wife about ""The tooth fairy"" last night as our guy has lost a tooth...and told her the ""story" did not appear to understand..he did however and went to bed looking forward to a dollar in the morning ::

A bit old for that i said...but that said is .......the coin in a glass for a tooth done in Thailand ?

Sorry..of topic

Hi Limbo,

Just back from 3 weeks in Aust. Funny thing was the little one was the one missing thai food the most, and she eats a lot of Farang food in Bangkok, but no jork for breakfast really pissed her off.

I'm against Christmas coz we got far too many holidays here in bangers as it is

Scrooge, err Dog

Hi N-D,

Hmmmm, interesting. In general I don't care for Xmess etc, but since she's away from any Western culture I really like to have her become familiar with it.

So, strangely enough for myself my house will have a Christmas tree next year.

She gets to do the easter thing during Songkran, now that was funny! Looking for wet easter eggs, no one quite new what it was about, me included in the end but good fun to ge the kids to look for the chocolate.

Celbrate Australia Day as thats when I got married, but II'd be unique in that I dont thinks Aussies acually "Celebrate" Australia day, we just go to the beach, dont work and drink beer, kinda like every other day!

ANZAC Day, not really a kids day, but I teach DarLek about it, Quuens birthday is for all the Katoeys, she think's Australia is very enlightened to have a special day for that!

Thats about it I think,

DOG

Archived