FAVOURITE FILM/MOVIE?

sayjann

You guys are talking about latin movies and not mentionning "Amores Perros" . Some very intense mexican flick from Innaritu, very at ease showing disfunctionment in various stratas of society. "21grams", his next movie, US made, with Sean Penn, is also very strong . Recently saw "Crash" twice in theaters and somehow reminded me of Innaritu, but forgot the name of the film maker. Went out for a movie tonight, had settled for the last Wenders but theater was full when I reached the cashier. Is it any good?

Otherwise over the last year the most moving flicks I watched came from Korea. Old Boy is such a monument it'd deserve not one but a good dozen Palme d'Or in Cannes!!

Went to watch the last Jarmush as well, who got the Cannes prize this year... not his best movie... "Down by Law" sure deserves to be nominated in this thread though

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Breakfast at Tiffanys, Top Gun? you are so gay the sydney mardi gras couldnt possible be held without you!!!

favourite movie too hard but heres a list thats hard to beat:

1. Seven

2. Heat

3. Deliverance

4. Aliens

5. American Graffiti

6. Taxi Driver

7. Goodfellas

8. Crash (not cronenburgs the latest one)

9. Fight Club

10. Jaws

11. Apocalypse Now

12. Three Colours Trilogy

13. Network

14. Magnolia

15. Citizen Kane

16. Rear Window (anything by hitchcock is brilliant)..dial 'm' for murder, strangers on a train, north by northwest, rope, lifeboat etc etc

17. The Sting

18. Born on the Fourth of July

19. 2001

20. Leaving Las Vegas

Not neccessarily in that order but you get the idea!!!

Archived