Recent Bangkok trip - update

voodoo31

keith doug said:

well the new airport wont be open until at least 2006 thats for sure no roads or anything finnished... re soi cowboy that will be around......

I hope SC will still be around, but a lot of developers would love to get their hands on that property, NP as well. :beer:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not think price are really going up or at least I haven't seen it actually go up. Just because some have raised their prices does not mean that prices have risen because some have lowered their prices.

The scene operates at different levels.

1st level... new person - highest price

2nd level .. occasional visitor.... medium price

3rd level .... falangs living here ... lowest price

There are some factors that do make it look like prices are rising.

Some bars have raised bar fines, although there are several bars that do not have bar fines.

Some bars have raised the price of a drink but there are many places which have lowered their prices for a drink.

One example is a few years ago, you could generally get go go dancers in BKK for 1,500 baht LT. Now that's the ST price ...if you're lucky. As far as drink prices are concerned, most of the bars in Nana Plaza have raised their drink prices to 125 baht; when they implemented this price increase, they made it very clear that they don't want the expat and would rather target the tourist on a short stopover who doesn't know any better. :beer:

Belem said:

One example is a few years ago, you could generally get go go dancers in BKK for 1,500 baht LT. Now that's the ST price ...if you're lucky. As far as drink prices are concerned, most of the bars in Nana Plaza have raised their drink prices to 125 baht; when they implemented this price increase, they made it very clear that they don't want the expat and would rather target the tourist on a short stopover who doesn't know any better. :beer:

I appreciate 125 baht is a lot for a drink, but I'm afraid I would still pay this, I go to my local, pay £2.20 (160 baht) for a pint of warm/flat beer, shit music, no decent gals and then get chucked out at 11pm.

chelseafan said:I appreciate 125 baht is a lot for a drink, but I'm afraid I would still pay this, I go to my local, pay £2.20 (160 baht) for a pint of warm/flat beer, shit music, no decent gals and then get chucked out at 11pm.

That's because your country is outrageously expensive. :neener: 125 baht for a drink in Thailand is greed...plain and simple. :beer:

Belem said:

One example is a few years ago, you could generally get go go dancers in BKK for 1,500 baht LT. Now that's the ST price ...if you're lucky.

Not necessarily so. I still get go-go dancers from Suzi Wong, Black and White, Doll House, etc. for 1500 LT on a regular basis. And I've NEVER (in almost 20 years had a gal not want to go with me the next night.) And I ain't no "handsome man" and no "youngin'". You just have to have the willpower to move along when some chick brings up a stupid price. It's only pussy.

Hugh (mak)

"I appreciate 125 baht is a lot for a drink, but I'm afraid I would still pay this, I go to my local, pay £2.20 (160 baht) for a pint of warm/flat beer, shit music, no decent gals and then get chucked out at 11pm."

Hey think about how much you earn in a month in Britan and how much a Thai earns in Thailand. Or think about the rents of bars in Thailand etc. 125 baht for a beer in Thailand is a rip off. Bangkok is just for the normal nightlife nowadays, for p4p I can't think any reason why it wouldn't be better to head straight to Pattaya ::.

trooper said:

"I appreciate 125 baht is a lot for a drink, but I'm afraid I would still pay this, I go to my local, pay £2.20 (160 baht) for a pint of warm/flat beer, shit music, no decent gals and then get chucked out at 11pm."

Hey think about how much you earn in a month in Britan and how much a Thai earns in Thailand. Or think about the rents of bars in Thailand etc. 125 baht for a beer in Thailand is a rip off. Bangkok is just for the normal nightlife nowadays, for p4p I can't think any reason why it wouldn't be better to head straight to Pattaya ::.

Woooh, easy tiger, we're talking about the posters "Recent bangkok trip", so in context, I'm talking about people who holiday there.

And your right, Ptty is defintely the place to go...

Try that with a stunner at Angel Witch...or better yet a show girl. I was at the Dollhouse(SC) last November, and the best looking girl there by far (I wish I could mention her name, but I can't)wanted 3,000 baht LT and she gets it everytime. The best looking girls are in demand, and they get their asking price because there are always guys who will pay it because for many it is a once in a lifetime trip, and they won't let money stop them from getting the stunner of their dreams.

Well, now you've changed the "criteria" :) You said that "generally" you can't get a go-go dancer to go for 1500 LT and that is the price for ST "if you're lucky". Now, you're talking about so-called "stunners" and "showgirls". (Neither of which I can recall seeing in a go-go bar and only rarely in stores, restaurants, or working or shopping.) Nevertheless, I can fathom some guys meeting the demands of "girls of their dreams".

Hugh (mak)

Archived