Recent Bangkok trip - update

voodoo31

Interesting comments Voodoo, let's look at it another way.

How many of us can afford to go whoring in the tourist areas of our home towns 2-3 times a week earning LOCAL wages?

Not many I suspect.

Too many 'local expats' think its their *right* to indulge in the Thai P4P scene.

If you can't afford it, avoid it...

::

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Voodoo & Roppongi-san, I maintain that it is not the money. In my case, I make as much as if I lived in the States. Its the fact that I refuse to buy an overpriced inferior product when there are plenty of alternatives available and that does not count freelancers.

Now maybe because I am an expat, I find the product inferior at NEP? :dunno: But I look at everything by a price-value ratio and make my purchases accordingly. The math just does not work for me at NEP and some places in Cowboy & the Pong any more. And since there is no showing in any of those bars (NEP especially), I may as well go to a beer/hostess bar and enjoy the gals company since I ain't gonna see any skin until I get her home. For me, if they are not naked and nasty on stage, then I would rather have a civilized experience like one has on Soi 33. YMMV.

But then again, I find that commodity that they sell there readily available here and can be choosy. I understand that those coming from afar do not have that choice.

Cheers,

SD

Good post. About prices, we can talk about this until we're blue in the face, but let me say this:Most of the girls who work in the bars nowadays are below par and the good looking girls can be swamped. Whether a girl is good looking or a stunner is subjective. Your stunner could be my ugly sister as far as I'm concerned. Look at the pics of the girls on the FLB website for example(some of these guys who write trip reports on that board say 'I took a stunner' and when you look at the accompanying pic of the girl in the report, you want to laugh). I define a stunner as a girl who is universally attractive to any man; I only take girls that I'm attracted to. Unfortunately, all the other guys find them attractive, too.

Again, excellent post! :beer:

Roppongi said:

Interesting comments Voodoo, let's look at it another way.

How many of us can afford to go whoring in the tourist areas of our home towns 2-3 times a week earning LOCAL wages?

Not many I suspect.

Too many 'local expats' think its their *right* to indulge in the Thai P4P scene.

If you can't afford it, avoid it...

::

Go to Kings Cross in London......allegedly..... ::

Gadfly1 said:

NEP is clearly slowing down. We are now in January - what should be the peak of the tourist season - and the number of customers in NEP is clearly down. When you walk around NEP that is obvious. I think we can "thank" the new restrictions for the decline.

That's a big reason-besides influential developers who would like to get ahold of that property-why I don't think NEP will be around in a few years. I hope I'm wrong, but I think with my head, not my heart. The current administration is a lock to be re-elected, and it looks like the draconian measures are going to continue and will squeeze out what is left of the naughty nightlife in Bangkok. :onfire:

It is a simple economic situation, when there are no buyers the price will go down (so let's hope people don't go to the go go bars anymore, so that when I arrive the prices in NEP are back to a normal level)

Don't know how the situation is now in BKK but a couple of months ago, the streets around Nana Plaza were full of good lookin girls and you could drink on the street between soi 5 and 7 (the only thing missing was a decent toilet but you could go in an ally in soi 7 so that wasn't a problem eather)

suadum said:

Voodoo & Roppongi-san, I maintain that it is not the money. In my case, I make as much as if I lived in the States.

SD

So that hardly puts you in the local hire, 20k a month group does it?

Heard that in Pattas now they even have a group called the 'balloon chasers', who patrol the streets looking for bars having parties just to get a free feed. :shakehead

suadum said:Its the fact that I refuse to buy an overpriced inferior product when there are plenty of alternatives available and that does not count freelancers.

Now maybe because I am an expat, I find the product inferior at NEP? :dunno: But I look at everything by a price-value ratio and make my purchases accordingly. The math just does not work for me at NEP and some places in Cowboy & the Pong any more. And since there is no showing in any of those bars (NEP especially), I may as well go to a beer/hostess bar and enjoy the gals company since I ain't gonna see any skin until I get her home. For me, if they are not naked and nasty on stage, then I would rather have a civilized experience like one has on Soi 33. YMMV.

I hear ya pal. A well-dressed hottie always gets you guessing what's beneath the covers. :hubba: :hubba: :hubba:

How about a Soi 33 update Suadum Sama? :worship:

Archived