Recent Bangkok trip - update

voodoo31

If you can get LT from the girls from Nana Plaza, Patpong, and Long Gun, I'll believe that 1,500 LT is the "market rate."Too many people and myself for that matter have experienced otherwise, but then I don't go to the establishments you mentioned except the Dollhouse. When I was at the Dollhouse last November, the only girl worth taking was the stunner I mentioned; the rest of the girls were below par IMO and would not have paid the 500 baht barfine let alone 1,500 baht LT. And for what it's worth, many people concurred with me. :beer:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Belem said:

<snipped"

When I was at the Dollhouse last November, the only girl worth taking was the stunner I mentioned; the rest of the girls were below par IMO and would not have paid the 500 baht barfine let alone 1,500 baht LT. And for what it's worth, many people concurred with me. :beer:

I can featue that. I've been in the Dollhouse when I've felt the same. Also been in some NEP bars and felt the same...even at AW. The talent available at any of the bars can, in fact DOES, vary from week to week...and even hour by hour. I've seen bars emptied of their better "lookers" within 30 minutes. One positive of the earlier closing is that there is more pressure on even the better-looking gals to negotiate earlier. I think the fact that you can see a stream of bg's exiting NEP alone after closing and heading up to Sukhumvit (before, the Grace) is ample evidence that the "market rate" may be out of reach for most of em. You can get the same gal 30 minutes after closing without paying a ridiculous barfine and they'll be more than happy to take 1000-1500 for LT. Or you might find one of those stunners there or in the Nana Disco who just did a "runner" after getting 2000 baht for a ST. LOL !

Hugh (mak)

Nasiadai said:4. My beloved Washington Square will be demolished in about 18 months...and Bourbon Street
Misinformation alert. A couple of months ago Nana Land sent out notices to all in the Square that leases ending 2004 would not be renewed. However, several owners I spoke to have locked in binding leases until 2008. It seems that Nana Land sent a letter meant for one customer to all in error.

From those with a financial stake in knowing the right answer, they all say that things are status quo in the Square until end of 2008 at least.

Cheers,

SD

chelseafan said:I appreciate 125 baht is a lot for a drink, but I'm afraid I would still pay this, I go to my local, pay £2.20 (160 baht) for a pint of warm/flat beer, shit music, no decent gals and then get chucked out at 11pm.
As far as I see NEP, I get 600ml of beer, shit music, mercenary, rude gals and get chucked out at 0100. Same-same na?

Even pricy Soi 33 has cheaper drink prices and good natured gals who do the little things like fill up you beer glass when it is near empty, mix your drink from your bottle and pay you a bit of respect with their words and deeds.

Nope, I am afraid that gogos have gone over the top for me, pricewise. Not that anyone cares, but I'm back to only going to beer bars and hostess bars again :dunno:. OK, there are a couple of gogos that still get my business :p...

Cheers,

SD

My comments, to no one in particular:

NEP is clearly slowing down. We are now in January - what should be the peak of the tourist season - and the number of customers in NEP is clearly down. When you walk around NEP that is obvious. I think we can "thank" the new restrictions for the decline.

A few years back we were all complaining about the price hikes on drinks. In some bars, drinks jumped from 85 Baht to 125 Baht in less than a year. There have not been any price hikes on drinks in the last few years. Why? They?re not altruistic. There have not been any price hikes because even the bars that price themselves on the high end recognize that there simply is not the demand to support higher prices.

ST and LT prices are basically what they were three years ago, and there is signs of softness in those prices. Three years ago or more few of the better looking BGs would never compromise on prices and restrict themselves to STs this time of the year when the bars were full of customers. It is different now. Supply and demand.

The BGs know what is happening and some are moving to Pattaya. Others are looking for long term alternatives. And you see more girls on the streets. You certainly didn't see as many girls on the street now as you did 3 or so years ago. The new social order is having an effect, and it is not a positive one for BGs or anyone else who depends upon Bangkok's once famous nightlife for their livilhood.

We are now in January - what should be the peak of the tourist season - and the number of customers in NEP is clearly down.

Keep in mind tourist numbers dropped 30% following the tsunami and TAT forecasts an overall 10% downturn for '05 due to it.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chelseafan said:I appreciate 125 baht is a lot for a drink, but I'm afraid I would still pay this, I go to my local, pay £2.20 (160 baht) for a pint of warm/flat beer, shit music, no decent gals and then get chucked out at 11pm.

Very funny line and makes a good point. We are all coming from different angles. If you live in Thailand and are earning average wages then 125 baht for a beer and 3000 baht for a stunner from a NEP gogo is big money.

But if your coming from Farang land for your annual weeks shagfest that you've been looking forward to for months and have some decent money behind you then quite frankly these prices don't even make you blink.

As the original poster I don't get to Thailand as often as I'd like and for the week I'm there I really don't care about these prices. I took a girl two night running from Angelwitch, she was a stunner in my eyes, very effectionate and great fun. Paid here 4000 baht both nights and we never even discussed money.

Some would say Im stupid and probably could have got out of it for 2000 or 2500 but in all frankness I couldn't care about it. I had a great time and enjoyed my little fantasy world for a week.

You guys who live in Thailand have to understand that what for you is the same old boring go-go shows in NEP are once or twice a year expriences for many of us and a few 1000 baht here or there is no issue.

Re drink prices you are paying for entertainment value as well as the alcohol, this is true in any pub, otherwise we'd all just pay 1/4 the price at the bottle shop and drink at home.

Archived