Soi23 Fish N Chip Abuse

SnakAtak

Soi23 Fish N Chip Abuse

As an ex-Anglophile I always feel sorry for the Thai staff who have to put up with all the BS from drunken customers at the Soi23 Fish N Chip Shop come bar closing time.

Perhaps these antics are part and parcel of a chippies character in the UK at the bewitching hour but somehow it doesnt feel right in Bangkok and shows on the sullen faces of the staff.

The girls are doing their best to fill customers hunger pangs for the cholesterol laden food they have left behind, knowing full well how better their own fare is, but why not leave them be please?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep meaning to pop into this place. Now, I'm not so sure. You're right - it's a pretty despicable way to behave and yes, I think it is indicative of a UK night out that takeaway staff have to put up with shit. In fact I had an err..altercation with a chap in Camden Town over just this type of thing earlier this year.

Do they do mushy peas though? Can't be a chippy if it ain't got mushy peas right?

Hi carew,

Yes, they have mushy peas and very good they are too. The food is excellent and the atmosphere is like a 50's chippy from the UK - before the food hugeine inspectors took over the world.

I have only ever been in the daytime so I can't comment on late night antics.

One option (which I have never tried) is to sit in the next door Offshore Bar and eat the chips with a beer at the bar.

You should try it.

Khwai

Hmmm, seems I will need to visit these places next trip to bkk...

Now, Offshore bar first or other way round?

Mushy peas, what's that?

Sometimes an english guy living here invites me to a home made meal and his peas are horrible....but his stew is delicious...

When it comes to closing the bar, the firls could say to the most abusive customers "I wonder if that fish was caught near Phi Phi?"

Right now, the fish sales in Thailand have plummeted to the floor. Nobody wants to eat fish or sea food that may have been near where some of the dead bodies were.

mousy? one interesting questions. when the fish and crabs and shrimps and lobsters and octopuses eat the dead bodies are they now full of phee roork? what is the best cooking method to get rid of the ghosts in the seafood: grill, oven, stir fried, sun dried, deep fried. it gives sashimi a certain drill as you can consume the ghosts unspoiled by any cooking....

Archived