Online crackdown & arrests

racha

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to add to the furor. The last two nights there have been sweeps (including undercover police...highly unusual) of Nana Plaza for underage girls, shows and drugs. Most of the bars are now refusing admattance to anybody Thai.

Here's the Silom report: I was in King's 1 last night and some of the "thinner" ladies were begging to have their bar fines paid after the mamasan informed them that there was police raid expected about midnight with the express purpose of testing urines and arresting those with a positive result. Don't know if it actually took place, I left around that time.

Walking down Silom towards Robinson's there was an obvious police presence and some of the big gay discos were being shut down for the night and all of the customers were emptying out into the street.

Had a casual conversation with the Thai owner (also policeman) of a karaoke club that transforms into an after hours disco at 2 AM and was told that he expected the raids to continue until the end of September, in an all out effort to arrest as many drug users and dealers as possible. I guess it would certainly have the effect of making people who do use drugs think twice before venturing out for the evening to a dance club.

Anyway, this guy also said that the crackdown should be over by the time the tourist season is about to begin. Like I said, it's just what I heard on the street.

Last night NEP was cleared before 2.00 am. Lights came on in Titty Twister (usually one of the last) at 1.50 am. Met a mate outside Thermae who said the Pong was closed down at 1.00 am and that Lucifer had been raided and a mass drugs test carried out. For some reason he was able to avoid it by producing an ID card from one of the more reputable English Language schools!?

The world has gone bonkers.

LG

Angels Disco 1:30 Thursday night. Not sure what time last night. However, if you will recall this happens every year about this time, although usually not as intense and targeting closings not so muuch drugs and underage....But , there has, and rightfully so, been a lot of furor about undarage and drugs at the Thai venues./...So, I imagine they're getting the S kicked out of themselves also. It will go away. It always does.

From Rochard or should I say ex-rockhard

Game over I think !

Shake-Up? You wanna know about SHAKE-UPs? When a coalition of Gendarmes force a lowly Rock Hard staff member to sign a confession under duress (gun to his head IN the "cop shop") admitting a falsehood, the natural question becomes: "Are we living in a (Tax-in) communist country?"

Rock Hard and several other nitery establishments have been ordered to cease all business activivities permanently in Phuket...

The police from the crime suppression division have arrested 3 girls for offering sex on the

internet.

They found the girls by using the IRC chat programme and then contacted them by phone.

There are 10 officers investigating solicitation of sex on the internet and were trained by the

FBI.

The arrests were made to show sexual solicitations would no longer be tolerated in

accordance with the Interior ministries social regulation plan.

Some how, this sounds like they ( police) realize it will cut into their kickbacks from the bars/girls offering the same services.

In Phuket the bars FORCED the local goverment to extend hours. What else did they expect back. If it wasn't for tourism the entire lot would be closed now.

Archived